Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am selling videogames now!

1. I am selling videogames now!

Now that I am done with school, its high time to get rid of all this junk. Im giving you guys first crack at it, but I am putting it all on ebay starting next week. This is a quick run-through but Ill probably add a few more over the next few days.

Ill also start supply pictures for anyone who asks.

note: "ON HOLD" refers to a done deal but the money has not gone through yet.

PlayStation:
    Final Fantasy Anthology
    Final Fantasy Chronicles
    Suikoden 2
    Import DDR 4th Mix
    Import DDR 5th Mix

Saturn:
    Fighting Vipers
    Fighters Megamix
    Magic Knight Rayearth
    Iron Storm
    In the Hunt
    Purika Daisakusen (cutest game ever)
    Sega Rally

N64:
    San Francisco Rush N64
    Goldeneye 64
    Custom Robo

PC:
    Sanitarium (highly recommended for adventure gamers)
    Half Life: Opposing Force
    Ultima Collection (sealed, and now programs exist that can let you easily play the old games like Ultima VII without the old DOS troubles) - SOLD
    HOMM Compendium - comes with Heroes of Might and Magic 1 and 2 (with the expansion pack for 2).

Dreamcast:
    Mars Matrix - SOLD
    Skies of Arcadia
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2
    Import Frame Gride
    Rayman 2
    Chu Chu Rocket

Hardware:
    Import Sakura Wars Dreamcast Bundle
    Official Sega Saturn joystick, the one used for games like VF2

Learn Japanese stuff:
    Ultimate Japanese Living Language
    The Complete Guide to Everyday Kanji
    A Guide to Writing Kanji and Kana

Programming & Miscellaneous:
    Teach Yourself C++ in 24 Hours
    Computer Science: An Overview (sixth edition)
    Programming Languages: Design and Implementation (fourth edition)

PM me for details, or post in here. As always, Ill try to pack in free stuff for anyone who orders anything.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 09 Apr 2005 at 11:55 AM.

2. What condition is the Mars Matrix in/how much shipped?

interested in the ddr's......and mars matrix. And another freamcast controller if you want to get rid of one.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. If I had knows I could learn C++ in 24 hours I never would have taken all those High School and College programming courses.

5. If you needed High School and College classes to learn C++ then you're a lot dumber than you let on.

edit: oh, Ill get back to all my inquiries tomorrow. But my Mars Matrix, and, really, all the games I listed, are in top-notch shape.

edit2: I will try to dig up an extra Dreamcast controller.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 05 Apr 2005 at 01:24 AM.

6. That Complete Guide to Kanji book would come in handy, but it looks expensive... how much are you trying to get out of it?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    If you needed High School and College classes to learn C++ then you're a lot dumber than you let on.
    Any asshat with a book such as that one (which I have read, BTW) can learn a language, to learn to be a good coder and to use advanced techniques isn't taught in your book, friend.

I was being a goof.

That book is actually segmented into lessons that comprise 24 hours worth of material, IIRC, like 12 two-hour sessions and such. To "program" in a language is instant as anybody can make a Hello World application, but they can't write multi-threaded code that is truly object oriented and efficient.

8. But thats more of a programming principles thing than anything else, as those principles can be translated into different languages (except for, obviously, a non-OO language but those are fading into obsolence). That takes time and practice but Id say learning that stuff has zero to do with learning C++. You can buy a book to teach you how to play a C chord or a G chord or whatever but it cant tell you how to play a song well.

That book gives you a quick and dirty introduction into the language and helps you springboard into experimentation. If I had to give my opinion of it, Id say its weak on pointers but it gives you enough to get started. And it doesnt pretend to be anything but. Its not a bad book if youre a total newbie interested in getting started with the language (its the first programming book I used). Or if you know Java or VB or whatever and wanna learn the C++ syntax.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 05 Apr 2005 at 01:58 AM.

9. I also have the books Remembering the Kanji I and II by James Heisig. I never used them back in the day but they got near universal acclaim during the GG! months for those who want to read Japanese. And I did read Heisig's book "Remembering the Kana" and it worked as advertised.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Ill sell them both to some lucky chap for a good price.

edit: I also have a completely brand new, unused Game Boy Printer for sale.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 05 Apr 2005 at 04:16 PM.

10. Arrow

I know I'm going to vomit all over my laptop when I see the prices but how much do you want for:

Prikura Daisuakusen
    Ultima Collection

Let me know.