Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sega's GBA Games

Sega's GBA Games

While Nintendo's GBA games like Metroid Fusion look spectacular, the pics of Sega's GBA games look like complete shit.

Shinobi and Altered Beast look so bad I think I going to puke. Please tell me these aren't the real screenshots!

At least Golden Axe in the Smash Pack looks pretty good.

http://pocket.ign.com/articles/360/360448p1.html

2. There's no way that bright blue Shinobi can be real.

edit: After watching the movie, he looks alot better in action.

3. What the fuck is that? What is Sega smoking? I can't believe they'd hand off those franchises to some two-bit amateur developer. Shinobi's become a generic platformer, and Altered Beast looks like a shareware Primal Rage clone. Goddamn.

At least Super Monkey Ball looks incredible, and PSII looks like it'll be a dead-on port. Smash Pack looks okay...just a bit washed-out. So the first-party softs are shaping up right, but as for the contracted-out titles...WHY, SEGA, WHY?!

4. Super Monkey Ball doesn't look bad at all, and the video looks uber-cool.
    It's a mirror image!

5. I didn't know it was possible to make Shinobi look like a retard. That is really sad, sigh. Altered Beast appears to be a complete mess of terrible graphics and poor color choices. Super Monkey Ball looks great though.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

6. ..... wow.

If that Shinobi game wasn't called Shinobi, it might look kinda cool (in some respects, like character animation, not as an overall game). But that isn't Shinobi.

And I don't know WHAT the hell that thing was that they mistakenly labelled Altered Beast. WOW.

Golden Axe looks fine, but reminds me of why I have no need to go back and play the game. And whomever was playing in that video sucks.

Phantasy Star is looking like Phantasy Star, and while I'd love to see PS1 get a facelift, that's good enough for me.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Gnu, you say it looks a lot better in action? It's hard for me to picture.

I can't play the movies since my version of QuickTime is outdated and I refuse to pay for an upgrade.

Anyone know where I can find these movies in another video format?

8. Originally posted by jiji
    I can't believe they'd hand off those franchises to some two-bit amateur developer.
    I can.

It's like the GG Sega portable games, but with better technology to make the mess look more plainly evident. Not every developer will put time into portables, which are traditionally in every way inferior to console games. Sad, but true.

At least the Game Gear Shinobi games turned out as good as could considering the hardware. They're probably the best portable games of their time. I'd say there's almost no chance that that GBA Shinobi will be among the best portable games.

10. I think it looks OK. I'll bet Shinobi and Altered Beast are still early, so I'll hold back judgement. SMB looks brilliant though, as does PS Collection! Virtua Tennis looks really sharp too.

Plus, Sega's GBA games so far have all been pure class (Sonic, Puyo Pop, Columns, ChuChu Rocket, Shining Soul)...

Out of these new games I'd say I'm definitely getting Monkey Ball, Virtua Tennis, Phantasy Star Collection.... and I'll strongly consider Shinobi and the Smash Pack. I'm not a huge fan of Altered Beast or ___ Of the Dead.

Where the hell is my Shining Soul in English tho. dammit!!!!