Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bit Torrent Question

1. the point is, whether it's illegal or not to download tv shows, it shouldn't be. all the points made above were great - you took the words right out of my mouth. but we can't sit around debating whether it's legal; whether it's legal is, as i said, not the point. the point is that corporate america wants us to believe we're stealing so that they can 1. keep taking our money, and 2. keep a psychological advantage over us. i know all this sounds like some crackpot conspiricy theory, and hell, maybe it is, but i'm fighting for a cause here..the more our ISPs keep us thinking we're not allowed to do this, the more they can get away with; submitting to authority without question is often very mentally weakening. the more they weaken our willpower and our own judgement of the constitution and what might be implied or not implied by certain laws or policies, and the more they take us to court over it and we succomb to their superior finances, the more they can claim without us thinking we're being fooled.

2. Quote Originally Posted by torturedartist00
    the point is, whether it's illegal or not to download tv shows, it shouldn't be.
    Why, so that you don't have to work (a.k.a. contribute to the economy) and pay for things (a.k.a. contribute to the economy)? I'm not sure why it shouldn't be. Movies, music, television are all made by people who expect to be paid by your patronage. If you don't pay for their contribution, you're stealing it. It's as simple as that.

the point is that corporate america wants us to believe we're stealing so that they can 1. keep taking our money
    They're not "taking" your money, you're spending your money for a product.

2. keep a psychological advantage over us.
    And how is that achieved?

the more our ISPs keep us thinking we're not allowed to do this
    You're not.

submitting to authority without question is often very mentally weakening.
    This has nothing to do with submitting to authority. You're stealing from someone. That someone isn't just "Corporate America," it's all of the people involved in the processes that produce DVDs, CDs, TV shows, and etc. Steal: to take or appropriate without right or consent and with intent to keep or make use of.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    For most tv shows try
    www.btefnet.com
    It appears to be gone.

4. I haven't used Bit torrent in over a year... and everything has changed. Can someone drop me a line and let me know what's up with the scene? I would really like to sample before buying. Any help would be much appreciated.

5. Torrentspy is still good, although it has been out of service a few times recently, and I also notice that you can no longer search popular keywords, such as "Family Guy" (although you can find the content by typing "family" instead)