Thread: Pariah - Official Thread

Pariah - Official Thread

For those not sick of all the sci-fi first-person shooters lately, this PC/Xbox game from Digital Extremes has major potential. I think the latest OXM has a demo. Have any subscribers got the issue already and tried it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pariah_PC_3.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	14993   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pariah_PC_7.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	14994  

2. I've had an eye on this game. I'm not drooling over it just yet (I'm only a casual FPS fan), but I agree it looks to have some great potential. I'll be checking out the demo when it hits. I'd also be interested to hear some impressions.

3. It definitely looks good. It could be this years Far Cry (sleeper FPS)
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. I've seen a movie of the demo and it looks like a straight up Halo clone, but at least it has a map maker. If that isn't crippled like most console mapmakers tend to be, then it could be worth it for that alone.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. I played the demo. Its ok. Nothing blew me away or made me throw the demo out. I was hoping there was some vehicles in the demo but there are none. It seemed to take way too many bullets to kill an enemy. The grenade launcher is really cool. People get blown into the air rag doll style and some of the environments can be destroyed. The demo was a forest level and it did look pretty nice.

So basically from playing the demo I wouldnt buy it. Maybe things will change a bit and if the reviews are REALLY good, I'd pick it up then.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"