Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Scanner for Scanning Artwork

1. I just bought me a HP PSC 1315 All in One. My original HP DeskJet 3820 crapped out on me so I had to get a new printer and decided to get the AIO. Hence that is why I sold the scanner above. So far I havent used the scanner cuz I had nothing to scan. I guess thats why I sold my scanner cuz it wasnt being used.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease
    My budget is up to $200
    You can get a good scanner nowadays for less than $200. I have a HP scanjet 3970. Fast, works great, and I think I paid, like, $120 for it tops.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Well, I got the Epson Perfection 2580 Scanner on Saturday for $150 and so far it works great. I can even scan my blue pencil animation drawings into my computer after I tweak the scanning settings. When I'm done with my final project for Traditional Animation I, I'll post it here, good or bad.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

4. Have you played with the dpi of your scanner yet? My Canon one can do 1200 dpi (which is far from the highest) and it's still fucking overkill.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

5. I just scan in 72 dpi because I'm scanning multiple drawings for an animation project and I want to keep the file size small.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

6. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue
    Have you played with the dpi of your scanner yet? My Canon one can do 1200 dpi (which is far from the highest) and it's still fucking overkill.
    My computer would explode if I scanned at 1200. I usually go about 300.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Maybe it's because you're a woman. Whatever you decide on, be sure to pick up some anti-static cloth (or maybe it's static cloth) to clean. You'll get dust and stuff in the lid. Using this cloth is the fastest way to clean it.
    Classy post you chauvinistic pig dufus. I'd venture to guess that you weren't even born when Star Wars (IV, V, VI) came out. What a disgrace to even an over-grown pilot dog. You ought to be taught some manners young Jedi.

8. Quote Originally Posted by NextLevelErr View Post
    Classy post you chauvinistic pig dufus. I'd venture to guess that you weren't even born when Star Wars (IV, V, VI) came out. What a disgrace to even an over-grown pilot dog. You ought to be taught some manners young Jedi.

Epson printers are the BEST you can get to print, so he does have a point. Not sure about the scanners though, but the original statement was not get EPSON anything. Obviously that is false.

7 years in the making.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Is "over-grown pilot dog" a Star wars thing? I need to know whether to be impressed or disappointed.