Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Scanner for Scanning Artwork

1. Best Scanner for Scanning Artwork

Very soon, I want to scan my artwork onto my computer, but I haven't found a site that gives a definite guide on what is the best scanner for that kind of job.

I was hoping if you guys could either refer me to sites that tackle this issue or say which brands you use to scan your artwork.

My budget is up to $200 and I'm looking at getting an Epson Perfection 2580 Scanner, but I am open to other models, even higher priced ones if their better scanning capabilities are worth it.

Thanks for your help.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

2. So no one has any suggestions? Anyone? Bueller?
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. My personal scanner was $30 and I have to hold down the lid for it to get a decent scan. As far as I'm concerned, any scanner I use that isn't mine is like the best scanner ever. =\

4. You might be on your own. I bought an Epson Perfection 1650 for $150 or something over a year ago, and I've never had a problem with it. Of course, I'm always processing stuff in photoshop anyway, so the scanner is only a small part of things. I assume the one you're looking at is similar (same series) but just better/newer.

I wouldn't buy another one until I can afford one with a larger scanning bed. Otherwise, scanners seem pretty comparable.

5. Yeah scanners all work pretty damn well from what I have seen. I have used several different ones and got the exact same results with all of them.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

6. I wouldn't recommend an Epson anything. I have had nothing but problems with everything I've bought of theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. Maybe it's because you're a woman. Whatever you decide on, be sure to pick up some anti-static cloth (or maybe it's static cloth) to clean. You'll get dust and stuff in the lid. Using this cloth is the fastest way to clean it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Damn..you should have checked out my scanner that I just sold on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

9. Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    Damn..you should have checked out my scanner that I just sold on eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    Curses!

Thanks everyone for your responses. I've decided to purchase the Epson Perfection 2580 Scanner on Saturday, but if anyone else wants to jump in with a better suggestion before then, go right ahead.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

10. I use a HP PSC 2510 PhotoSmart All-In-One, and it works really well. But I won it so I have no idea how much it costs.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!