Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Original Story in a Game

1. Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone
    Dragonmaster Dyne -
    Total Posts: 5,994 (5.82 posts per day)

Kano on the Phone -
    Total Posts: 3,232 (2.91 posts per day)

You should really do more research into your theory of correlation between time spent posting and amount of sex had. I find it fascinating.
    and there you are proving my point by going into our profiles and providing statistics.

2. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood
    Please exclude any Jap RPGs from this topic because their stories are all shit.
    Not always. I know I always toot Valkyrie Profile's horn, but with a sort of off-beat set of gameplay mechanics comes a fairly off-beat story. I enjoyed the "frame story" format when it came to the individual deaths and eventual assimilation into Valkyrie's ranks. It has a great sense of continuity especially in regards to characters that knew people who are now among your party members and will follow shortly. As a result, you get a number of different stories that don't necessarily need to be outlined in detail since it only involves their death, but at the same time get a taste for something relatively new.

All this framed into a larger storyline centered around Norse Mythology (which is always fun) makes it rather enjoyable for me, and I would imagine many others.

Oh yeah, and the fact that you had to put in a lot of effort just to get a good storyline was also kinda cool.

3. Xenogears
    MGS series
    The Longest Journey

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Is this a common occurence among people? I've never felt anything emotional in a videogame besides anger and frustration.

p.s. pussy
    I dunno, I always thought the ending for Klonoa was a pretty good heart string puller.
    A is for action

5. The Half-Life series

without a doubt for me

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    and there you are proving my point by going into our profiles and providing statistics.
    He's got a point. After all, Dyne doesn't even use capitialization and avoids puncuation most of the time, so you can imagine how little time he spends on his posts. Kano's posts are written as though someone was meant to read them instead of being browsed past in a chatroom, so I think we all know who really spends more time posting.

Well, you know, unless they're decent at typing.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Is this a common occurence among people? I've never felt anything emotional in a videogame besides anger and frustration.

p.s. pussy
    I can't speak for everyone, but Grandia and Klonoa are the only two games I've played out of hundreds that have elicited a response from me other than amusement or boredom.

P.S. Eat me.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    He's got a point. After all, Dyne doesn't even use capitialization and avoids puncuation most of the time, so you can imagine how little time he spends on his posts. Kano's posts are written as though someone was meant to read them instead of being browsed past in a chatroom, so I think we all know who really spends more time posting.

Well, you know, unless they're decent at typing.
    Punctuation is for English teachers and geeks. I see no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by prisoner38911301
    P.S. Eat me.
    I'm not going to but I could if I wanted to because you're a huge pussy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. That was surprisingly good, Andrew.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

LOL Guest
    He's been posting here for over three years. Laws of probability said it had to happen eventually.