Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elfen Lied

1. Elfen Lied

This series hasn't been picked up in the States yet, but I really need to share it with you guys. First off, it has the most haunting, beautiful opening song I have ever heard. It opens with gut-wrenching ultra violence (and boobies):

These horrible acts are committed by this cutie:

She basically has two personalites. She has a cute Chii-like thing going then BAM!! she is a cold-blooded killer with a penchant for slow torture.

The basic story is about these girls with horns with incredible telekenisis powers and the horrible things they do or have done to them. This series will take you on an emotional rollercoaster. Not for the squeamish. Here is a fan site for it:
    www.elfenlied.net
    Actually upon searching, I found that ADV Films has picked it up. If you go to this site, www.ADVfilms.com you can see the trailer. The music in the background is the awesome opening song.
    Ok, last edit:
    Here is a site that has the opening and ending animations as well as various clips from the show http://www.vap.co.jp/elfenlied/movie.html
    Last edited by animegirl; 10 Apr 2005 at 11:40 PM.

2. Where on ADV's site is the trailer? I couldn't find it.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

3. In the top left there is a video player. To the right of the player you can pick the trailer you want to watch. Just click on the Elfen Lied one.

4. Woah. Looks insane.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

The animation during fights looks slick as hell.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Yea I was about to say ADV had this for awhile cause they put the trailer on one of the newtype disc's I think. Its mainly a kinda twisted love story/struggle which seems to be a new theme happening alot in anime. "Oh my g/f is a killing machine but how can we make our love last" that seems to be popping up a lot lately.

I just seen a trailer for gunslinger girls and the animation on it blew me away. I passed on the manga since it seemed to be another girls with guns series, but I may check the anime.

7. I watched 2 or 3 episodes. Lots of blood and titties. Seemed pretty vapid, but stylish and the animation was good.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    I watched 2 or 3 episodes. Lots of blood and titties. Seemed pretty vapid, but stylish and the animation was good.
    Vapid is far from the truth. You are right, the first couple of episodes have lots of B&B (blood n boobs). Then, it really becomes a character driven drama and you care about what happens to everybody. There is some seriously fucked up shit happening to these people, and it is really interesting how they deal with it.

9. Glad to hear it picks up.

10. Is this a 13 or 26 episode series?