Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars 3 speculation thread

1. Star Wars 3 speculation thread

Now that we've all seen AotC, I thought it'd be fun to discuss what we think/hope will happen in Episode III. To get the ball rolling...

1. Mace will get taken down by Boba Fett, as vengeance for killing Jango.

2. Anakin's fall to the Dark Side, and perhaps even his birth, will be revealed to have been orchestrated by Palpatine/Sidious and Dooku/Tyranus. They will falsify evidence of Padme being killed by (or better yet, having a romantic relationship with) Obi-Wan, thus prompting the final duel which results in Ani's physical transformation into Vader.

3. The Jedi Council can't sense that Palpatine/Sidious are the same person... because Palpatine is in fact a clone, with the Force sensitivity engineered out.

More to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Re: Star Wars 3 speculation thread

Originally posted by LordPerrin
    1. Mace will get taken down by Boba Fett, as vengeance for killing Jango.
    That sounds like a good way for him to go. I don't really see Anakin killing him.

2. Anakin's fall to the Dark Side, and perhaps even his birth, will be revealed to have been orchestrated by Palpatine/Sidious and Dooku/Tyranus.
    I don't know. I think the tragedy is stronger if his turn to the Dark Side is largely a result of his own will. Plus, there should be a limit as to how much Tyranus and Sidious can logically manipulate.

They will falsify evidence of Padme being killed by (or better yet, having a romantic relationship with) Obi-Wan, thus prompting the final duel which results in Ani's physical transformation into Vader.
    I think a real relationship with Bail Organa would be more interesting, since it would nicely set up Episode IV-VI. I suppose it could happen with Obi-Wan instead, though. Such a scenario wouldn't need to be orchestrated by Sidious and Tyranus; it could be an outcome of Anakin's own selfishness and obsession with vengeance.

3. The Jedi Council can't sense that Palpatine/Sidious are the same person... because Palpatine is in fact a clone, with the Force sensitivity engineered out.
    Excellent idea! I like it.

My own predictions (some are a repeat from a previous thread):

1. The Rebel Alliance will begin as an alliance between Padme, Bail Organa, Obi-Wan and some of the Jedi in response to some horrible act of brutality committed by the Clone Army. Palpatine/Sidious will seize this opportunity to turn the Senate and the Army against the Jedi.

2. The Separatists will crumble under the weight of the Clone Army, but Palpatine/Sidious will use the war as an excuse to brutalize the citizens.

3. Construction of the Death Star will begin in Episode III, possibly through use of slave labor, giving rise to unrest among the Jedi. Perhaps this will be the cause of friction between Anakin and the rest of the Jedi?

4. Anakin will defeat Dooku/Tyranus, but his scars will come from a final battle with Obi-Wan.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Well, I also like the idea of Bobba taking revenge for his father by killing Mace Windu. But to do so, the EP3 should take place about 10 more years from EP2, thus Bobba will be atleast 18-20 and have enough time to train.

Also it will allow to grow Clone army to even bigger number, and improove both space fleet with bigger ships, and also their numbers.

I think that Anakin will be lead into thinking that Jedi take the side of the opposition, and this would lead to their extermination by him. Again, by that time he shoul gain quite more power than he displayed in EP2, by more constant training, but I also think he will apply more of the Dark Side tricks as well, since he was shown little on impatient and unruly side in EP2, and I dont see his behavior changing.

Both point of either plot to make Amidala to look she betrayed him by staging an affair, or if Lukas will decide with actual affair that Amidala will have with Organa guy, might be also valid, and lead to more emotional breakdown of Anakin, and him slipping to the Dark Side.

About Dooku, It will be either the same way as in Return of Jedi, where Emperor trying to turn Luke to Dark Side by killing Vader, here Anakin will duel Dooku, and by killing him enter the DS, thus leading to climatic battle against Obi-one at the end that leaves him crippled and on the life support suit of armor.

4. I think if Anakin kills Duuku it will be as a "good jedi" after that the emperor will find away into manipulating anakin to the dark side.

Could Boba go back to the cloners and get some type of aging process? Boba could be 16 and still have some abilities, but could he kill Mace Windu? probably, because that would only be a time lapse of 5-6 years. In the book they talk about how well-trained Boba is even a 10 years old. Firing the slave I lasers was one thing in the movie but the book concetrated more on Jango teaching Boba more.

and that theory about Palpatine being a clone of Darth Sidious is excellent.

5. Damzor j00 Ryan, ya beat me to it. I'd been planning to post as soon as I could get on that I figured Boba would go back to Kamino for a bit of age-acceleration.

Aintitcool recently reported that Hugh Jackman (Wolverine from the X-Men flick) is being considered for an unspecified villain role in Ep. 3. Connect the dots...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Re: Star Wars 3 speculation thread

theres no way that Boba could take down mace. he'd be way too young. mace might not even die in the movie, he'll probobly go into hiding (like all of the other jedi do) and darth vader will hunt him down (this wont be in the movie, more on this later)

the movie will end with obi-wan delivering luke and leia to uncle owen and alderan (i think).

im not really sure what happens to anakin, mainly because lucas hasnt told anyone. he might kill Dooku and his transformation to the dark side will be complete, no idea where he got that suit though.

and heres something to remember: in the next movie, EVERYONE DIES. thats just how it happens. the republic falls and the empire takes over. chaos everywhere. and after all of the jedi go into hiding when the republic falls, darth vader will spend the next 15 or so years going about the universe hunting them all down. some type of vengence thing or something.

Originally posted by LordPerrin
    hrm.... thats interesting. but the force holds the universe together, and everything alive in the universe is effected by the force.... tahtd be cool if you could enigeer it out, but i dont think it could happen.

<cheesey joke>
    Q: how is duct tape like the force?
    A: it has a light side, a dark side, and holds the universe together
    </cheesey joke>

7. Hmmm a love triangle... do you think Amidala's character would succumb to falling in love with another man even though she has declared her vows for Anakin? I doubt it.

Looks like the Alderaan setup will be feasible in Ep 3.

Boba Fett killing Mace Windu? I'd be disappointed, I would've hoped Mace to be more badass than that! Unless he is set up into a trap somehow... hmm...

I think Yoda's 1 on 1 fighting days are over. Most likely the highlight of Ep. 3 will be Anakin vs Obi Wan. Dooku may do some fighting but if he fought Anakin, you'd think Dooku would kick his ass... again. Maybe Palpatine is done with Dooku and arranges for Anakin to kill him off somehow?

Now... I'm wondering if Jar Jar will be with the Jedi council when they get slaughtered.

8. the movie will end with obi-wan delivering luke and leia to uncle owen and alderan (i think).
    One thing that has bothered me about the storyline is in ESB after Obi-wan and Yoda see Luke leave Degobah for Cloud City, Obi wan says "That boy was our last hope." to which Yoda replies "no, there is another".

How does obi-wan not know about leia?

and who the hell is Jimmy Smits play in the movie? I've seen ATOC 4 times now and don't even know what character he is. Bail Organa perhaps?

9. Originally posted by ryan mack
    and who the hell is Jimmy Smits play in the movie? I've seen ATOC 4 times now and don't even know what character he is. Bail Organa perhaps?
    Yes, he's Bail Organa.

You saw AotC 4 times and you didn't pick that up? I think Chancellor Palpatine refers to him explicitly as "Senator Organa" or the "representative from Alderaan."
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Im always dumbfounded by the ridiculous costumes they put him in and how out of place he looks in the SW universe, that I fail to pay attention during any lines he says (which are few) or are about him.