Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnout 3: Takedown

1. Burnout 3: Takedown

Anyone still actually playing this? I got my copy on boxing day and I'm playing this 4 months in. Kind of strayed away from the game due to GTA 3, GTA: VC, and Halo 2 taking up most of my spare time. Plus some of the challenges (Nudge Nudge Wink Wink "The Races) Were insanely hard and seemed to have Mario Kart syndrome where the leader of the race catches up to you barely seconds after smashing them into a sidewalk. But after getting used to it it seems like a great addition and keeps you on your feet. It's such a vast game with a huge amount of modes and focus on improvement. Great buy If you can get it for £20 - £30.

Stats...

Takedowns: 2356
    Crash $ Earned: 35,000,000 + (Don't know the number exactly.
    Last edited by Ajinryu; 12 Apr 2005 at 03:27 PM.

2. Crashing is fun, but in Multiplayer only... after a while on career it gets boring

3. Quote Originally Posted by recon_zero
    Crashing is fun, but in Multiplayer only... after a while on career it gets boring
    Team crash is a good laugh with a few mates over, combining both crashes to get the highest score is fun, and it's hilarious when your teamate slips up and hits a wall causing no damage what so ever.

4. BebopLover still plays it like crack. Get in touch with him.

5. I started playing this a few days ago. I like arcade racing and usually do fairly well but I can't for the life of me drift very well in this game at all.

But I am already bored after a couple of hours play. Maybe I need to crash into a real person playing.

6. Burnout cars don't really drift as they like in PGR. I dunno, maybe I'll dig this up to play again if there's some interest. Lord knows I am already bored with SF AC

7. Quote Originally Posted by bahn
    Burnout cars don't really drift as they like in PGR. I dunno, maybe I'll dig this up to play again if there's some interest. Lord knows I am already bored with SF AC
    Tell me about it. I can drift in RR, Sega Rally, Daytona, PGR, hell, I can even drift in Outrun 2 But whenever I drift in BO3, I end up crashing and losing control. Maybe it is realistic lol.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters
    I like arcade racing and usually do fairly well but I can't for the life of me drift very well in this game at all.
    It's because you suck at it right now. Don't take that as an insult; Burnout 3's drifting doesn't work like a lot of other arcade-style racing games and it doesn't even work like the first two games. I wasn't able to drift for a while in BO3 because I keep trying to make the cars react like they did in part 2, it just takes some practice.

P.S. Don't forget the boost start.

9. finished 98% of this game, loved it while it lasted but dun feel the need to go back to it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/vysone/jros.jpg
    NEGATIVE FORCES FORCE US TO LIVE LAWLESS - Jehst

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ajinryu
    Anyone still actually playing this?
    Yes, I am. I don't play as much as I did the first few months that I owned it--Gran Turismo 4 and Wipeout Pure are getting the bulk of my racing attention these days. For a game that's been out over 7 months, though, it gets a fair amount of play time. I still chip away at the single player every now and then (since I haven't completed it yet), and I occasionally play online as well.
    "PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai