Thread: Killer 7: DVD Footage Theories and Impressions

1. Nintendo GameCube Killer 7: DVD Footage Theories and Impressions

Killer 7 news, Screenies, and Impressions from CUBE Magazines free DVD. It was a 6 minute trailer. 3 minutes showing gameplay and the other showing cinematics and a bit of the Anime drawn FMV sequences too.

All I can say is that this has just blew me away, simply beautiful. More gameplay footage was shown off, probably the most footage I've seen shown off in a trailer as well as new cutscenes explaining plot details. The game seems to have a Resident Evil feel to it with you sprawling the corridors and outside areas of the city going into 1st person when encountered with the enemy, moves seem to be able to be pulled off mid fight such as backflips and other arial manuevers. The video just bassically shows you the complete gameplay, not just snippets but the whole structure of the game.

All I can say is If done right this might be one of the best games this year.

Screen Captures I got from the DVD (Not good quality)

As you can see by the mask de smith screenshot you can level up your characters strengths and weapons, kinda like RE4.

Storyline leaks.

The only new bit of information about Killer 7 seems to be about the Smiths fight against some sort of person/ viral infection called the surge. When I say viral infection it's just a theory I have perhaps this "Surge" passes from host to host, Curtis (Identity unkown in the vid) being the prime host of the virus if my viral theory is true.

I'm a lot more interested now than I was more than a month ago. Does anyone know when this is due for release?

2. Pssst...

It's un-hip to like the Gamecube. The cool kids will rag on you and steal your lunch money.

Actually, I've been looking forward to this. The odds, based on what little information there is, point to it being a train-wreck of a game, but for some reason I don't care. I want something with this kind of visual flair to be a success, so I keep hoping despite everything I've seen underming it.

Glutton for punishment or keeping the faith? I'll find out when it hits, but I expect it to be a 50/50 combination of the two.

James

3. I was looking foraward to this a lot when it was announced two years ago and all we had to go by were a few really neat looking screens.

Now that I know how it plays, and after all the amazing things that have come out in the last two years and will continue to come out up untill it's release, Killer 7 does very little to interest me.

4. I think it looks awesome. I hope it doesn't suck, because there are very few games left this generation to look forward to...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    I think it looks awesome. I hope it doesn't suck, because there are very few games left this generation to look forward to...
    That's true, actually.

Me? It looks cool, I'll at least give it a rent.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. I'm still looking forward to this i hope it freaking comes out soon
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. I lost all interest in this game until I read a Nintendo Power feature on it that actually sounded quite interesting. It's likely going to be unique, to say the least. I'm very curious about it.

8. I'm excited about it, but quite hesitant. I'll probably go with a rental to be safe.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. After watching the trailers of the in-game footage I lost interest. This will bomb pretty hard, I'm sure.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."