Page 1 of 28 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Gorillaz

1. Gorillaz

The Long awaited new Gorillaz Album has been leaked, for the most part...

billboard review here:
    http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/ar..._id=1000836753

Simply put, it kicks ass. Day one purchase for sure.

My favorite tracks so far are "All Alone" which initally annoyed me with the now very cliche "Vocal Sample sped up to pitch-shift ala Kayne West" but hooked me with the almost jungle style beat and bass line. And "Feel Good Inc" which is just classic a Gorillaz rock/rap/techo mash of audio....
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

2. From what I remember I wasnt crazy about the first album, but I love Blur and "Tomorrow Comes Today" is one of my favorite songs so I'm gonna check this album out.

3. I thought Sound Check was awesome.

Where was it leaked? Where can I hear a sample?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Aces & Eights
    I thought Sound Check was awesome.

Where was it leaked? Where can I hear a sample?
    There are torrents out there, its a rip of an advanced release, but Track #3 "Kids With Guns" is cut short for some reason.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

Giltch Guest
    Like it was posted above, this is definitely a first-day purchase. I didn't much like the Gorillaz at first, after I bought their first album shortly after it came out a few years back, so I sold it. But after a while I started getting a craving for a few of their songs, so I bought it again recently, and have been loving it ever since.

And as much as I hate - well, at least dislike - perkyskirt, "Tommorow Comes Today" is without a doubt the best song on the album.

6. gorillaz own. I didnt like their new cd at first, but after a few plays ive gotten really attached, and feel good inc. is such an awesome song.

I..just realized the guy from Blur was a major part of this like last week. Shame on me.

I knew about the Cibo Matto girl for a while though.
    I love the last album, time to seek the new!
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. I really dig the production on the new single. I'll check the leak out tonight.

9. I wonder how the incorporated that contest winner. If they even had a winner that is.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!