Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Sonic boom knitting!
    That was ridiculous, and the face she makes knitting the monowire scarf is priceless. Qu Tsang was quite an insane opponent, I just hope that's not the end of her, getting punched in by Alita like that..

2. I didn't even notice this before, but in the back of LO5 there's two pages about design submissions. Apparently you can send either through snail mail or submit through www.yukito.com designs for new characters and outfits for Alita! They show some of the drawings other people sent in and the characters in LO that Yukito made from them (including most of the opponents from LO5).

His website is pretty cool regardless because he's got up step-by-step details of how he created a couple of the covers. A lot of good artwork in there.

3. All you fans, volume six is slated for a November 1st release.

4. I have heard of this for awhile and have been skimming through the books in our manga section this year. Being a fan of all things cyborg and robot, this looks hot and I have heard nothing but things about it. After I have enough cash this may just become my first manga series.

I didn't know about the name differences though, Gunm/Gundream and Gally? Errr....OK. Gundream and Gally = lame. This is one time where the NA name change sounds sooooo much better.

5. I've read volume 6 about 3 times now, and hot damn, was it nice. Round one of the Z.O.T tournament ends with a nice fight, we see more of Alita's past develop, we see creepy dead nihilist guy briefly, and best of all!!

THE RETURN OF DESTY NOVA (...sorta)

Good storytelling, good action, the only complaint is that the volume is shorter than most and that we don't see much of Sechs.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Gally = lame.

get outta here, Gally >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alita
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

7. I picked up the new Last Order. It's one of those things you forget how good it really is until you read it again. All that cheesy stuff had me yelling and saying stupid stuff out loud. It's really easy to get caught up in the characters. I can never get over seeing new chara designs. It's all, "BWA!" and "THAT'S SO WEEYARD". I would... i dunno, get a tatoo or something for a BAL/Gunnm fighting game. Maybe mod a PS2 or something.
    So yeah. Next April, if we're lucky?
    Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    I picked up the new Last Order. It's one of those things you forget how good it really is until you read it again. All that cheesy stuff had me yelling and saying stupid stuff out loud. It's really easy to get caught up in the characters. I can never get over seeing new chara designs. It's all, "BWA!" and "THAT'S SO WEEYARD". I would... i dunno, get a tatoo or something for a BAL/Gunnm fighting game. Maybe mod a PS2 or something.
    So yeah. Next April, if we're lucky?
    WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    I have heard of this for awhile and have been skimming through the books in our manga section this year. Being a fan of all things cyborg and robot, this looks hot and I have heard nothing but things about it. After I have enough cash this may just become my first manga series.
    Wow, me too.

9. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!
    Battle Angel Alita Last Order, dawg. What are you talking about?
    Donk

Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    Ok, who's being cute?