Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunnm/Battle Angel Alita

1. SIX MONTHS UNTIL VOLUME 9!? Oh dear god.

At least volume 8 was really, really good.

2. Quote Originally Posted by OtakuD00D View Post
    SIX MONTHS UNTIL VOLUME 9!? Oh dear god.
    Every volume. We're on the same schedule as the Japanese (though a book or two behind), that's how long it takes for him to make it.

Personally I hate reading unfinished works, this only reason this gets a pass is because I read it when it was "finished" the first time and then LO got added on. It's almost enough to make me try and forget about the series and just come back in a couple years to see how things are.

3. Well, it was a whole lot more than six months between releases, but volume 9 was finally released earlier this month. It's all backstory still, but just like the last volume, not bad at all. I can see that Kishiro is sort of rushing the story along in this volume, it's obvious he wants to get back to the main plot.

In the end, it's good to see things come full circle, it's only been 10 or so years since the mystery of the scrapyard and Tiphares started with the beginning of the manga. Probably longer. I just hope it's not another 10 months until volume 10.

4. I should get back to reading this, got up to volume 7 of the original one.

5. Looks like the movie may finally be getting off the ground, but with Cameron producing and handing the directorial duties to Robert Rodriguez.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. That might even work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I'm okay with this.

8. I don't ask this to be cynical; I'm genuinely curious: has there ever been a western adaptation of a famous manga or anime that actually turned out okay? I'm not talking about B movie shit like The Guyver or Fist of the North Star, I mean a legitimately good film that does the original justice.

Much of Gunnm's allure (for me at least) comes from Yukito Kishiro's beautiful artwork, so it's hard for me to get fired up about a live action version of it.

9. I don't think there have been a whole lot of good eastern live action adaptations.

The Cameron connection dates back to the mid 90s, I think he would have had fun with the tech stuff if this would have followed True Lies instead of Titanic. He's a different dude now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Robert Rodriguez.
    Eew.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww