Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .hack//sequel

1. I liked .hack's gameplay and story. The random dungeons & level-up structure in particular were awesome. The AI partners were more interesting and fun to play with than real people on PSO. If you braved through it all, you were treated to nice h-stuff at the end.

2. .Hack did a greta job simulating an MMO, I assure you the characters were just as annoying as people in MMO games.

But I only borrowed and finished the first game in 15 hours, leaving me heartilly dissapointed so I never bothered to pursue it.

3. I wanted to like .hack, but I really hated the combat, and didn't think the graphics were too hot.

If it really WAS PSO, but without online, I probably woulda loved it. But it wasn't.

4. .hack had a good storyline and the anime tie-in stuff was neat, but the terrible gameplay murdered it. It wasn't PSO offline, and even if it was a *real* MMO, its awful fighting system and bland, barren areas wouldn't make it worth playing. .hack the game sucked shit through a straw, which is unfortunate because the rest of the stuff wasn't so bad, and the "one huge storyline through different types of media" was really interesting.

I predict this new .hack will be a real MMO, and still horrible.

P.S. 50 bucks for a fourth of an RPG was bullshit too.

5. Granted I wanted to try the game part of .hack for the longest time, but never wanted to pay out full price. Once it came down to 10 bucks for the first 2 I got #1 and pretty much sold it back a week later.

Game was fucking awful.

6. See, I loved the anime (Both TV's and the OVA) and I liked the story of the games, because it tied in... however the gameplay was a different story.

Thank you Gameshark.

7. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...se.php?id=1015
    Bandai Games Announces .hack//G.U.
    anounced on 2005-05-16 19:01BANDAI GAMES ANNOUNCES “.HACK//G.U.”
    Best Selling Role-Playing Game Returns to PlayStation®2

LOS ANGELES, CA – May 18 2004 – Bandai Games Inc. today announced “.hack//G.U.” for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. Following the success of the four-volume “.hack” series that sold over 1.7 million copies worldwide, the latest iteration will feature a new cast of characters and an original storyline. Developed by Cyber Connect 2, “.hack//G.U.” will launch in Japan and North America in 2006.

The world premier of the “.hack//G.U.” teaser trailer will run in the Bandai booth at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) every day on 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM PST. Bandai is located at West Hall, booth #2216.

“We joined forces with the most renowned animated TV show talents to create the original ‘.hack’ series,” said Naruo Uchida, Vice President of Bandai Games Inc. “We’re proud to announce that Yoshiyuki Sadamoto, the character designer of ‘Evangelion,’ and Kazunori Ito, the writer of ‘Ghost in the Shell’ and ‘Patlabor,’ are both returning for the new game.”

For additional information and asset downloads, please visit
    www.BandaiGames.com.

About Bandai Games Inc.
    Bandai Games Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bandai America Incorporated and a leading publisher of interactive entertainment software for popular videogame systems such as the PSP™ entertainment system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, the Nintendo DS™, Nintendo GameCube™, and the Game Boy® Advance. Unique characters and stimulating game experiences highlight Bandai Games Inc.’s distinctive product lineup which include hit titles such as Inuyasha and Digimon. Bandai Games Inc. is headquartered in
    Cypress, California. For more information and press downloads please visit: www.BandaiGames.com.
    So, it has a name and I still don't care about it. Yay!