Thread: Appleseed 2 and Tv series

1. Appleseed 2 and Tv series

Production is under way for the second Appleseed movie and rumors are stating that John Woo will have his hand in this one along with director of the first one.

There is also a TV series in the works, but not much info has come out about it yet either.

I'm pretty hyped about the movie cause I enjoyed the first one way more than the original animated movie.

2. Not surprising since the original anime was terrible. I'll probably avoid the second movie, but may check out the TV series to see if it's closer to the comic than the last movie was.

3. I did enjoy this new one much more than that atrotious thing that came out in '88. But it still pales in comparison to the source material. I am curious to see what'll happen with the second flick and the TV series. But I am a whore for all that's Shirow related.

In DVD news, there's a collector's edition of this comming out along with the standard DVD. And even a speical-collector'sl edition with an action figure. All priced very reasonably. Comming on May 10th...

Standard Edition

Collector's Edition in metal case

Collector's Edition w/ action figure

I'll be getting the one with the action figure.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. Famitsu Magazine have posted the first image of the appleseed 2 movie.
    pics

Plus it seems sega is making a appleseed game also

Game
    Last edited by Rtificial; 28 May 2006 at 12:35 AM.

5. Well the the first apple seed movie was pretty good and leaps and bounds better than the 83(?) ova. I hope the second one is just as good, but I get the feeling I should just check out the comic.

6. That's true about anything Masamune Shirow works on. His comics> movies based on them.

7. There is a new trailer for the appleseed 2 movie. It was an extra on the new appleseed ex PS2 game. You can check a few screen shots HERE Hopefully soon someone will have a trailer on youtube to view.

EDIT

here's an older trailer
    Last edited by Rtificial; 03 Mar 2007 at 06:41 PM.