Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek

1. Star Trek

If there's a thread for star wars then i think we should have atleast a thread for Star Trek too.

Is there anyone interested on star trek? im browsing on tv guide just now and see that they featured star trek for special edition (http://www.tvguide.com/special/startrek/ ).

2. I like TNG but thats about it. =/
    o_O

OS is fun but I take it about as serious as I do the old Adam West Batman. Spock rules.

TNG, totally rad. Picard, Data, Worf. So many cool characters, so many awesome stories.

DS9, I could never get into this series. A shame I guess.

Voyager, crap. Highly watchable crap. I'm not entirely sure why I sat through so many episodes. It really helped me get through that first year of working the graveyard shift though.

Enterprise, I saw the first 4-6 episodes of it and never bothered coming back. Bakula rocks. Unfortunately, his entire crew sucks. The Vulcan chick is smoking hot though.

With the movies I've been told to stick to the even-numbered ones. First Contact was great and rest after that one were glamorized halfassed 2-hour UPN mega events (like the upcoming Firefly movie)

I really don't know what's next for ST. Maybe a cartoon or something to help sell more fan club memberships.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

4. DS9 was ok. I did enjoy it but it didn't come close to TNG's awesomeness. Jordi was cool.
    o_O

I dunno. After a while I think they realized themselves how shitty it was so they just started picking up TNG's characters. It's sort of how they throw borgs into all of these things to help boost ratings

My fave: Hot chick + Borg = OMG, series saved!
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

6. Yeah, that was weak. I still tend to think it was only really bad when compared to TNG, but it's not that great either.

My favorite TNG episode is where everyone on the ship is additcted to that 'game' that rests over your eyes and changes reality... or something like that. I've not seen it in awhile so I don't remember exactly.
    o_O

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tracer
    I like TNG but thats about it. =/

Same.

I'd like to see some of the original series now, partly because of what Revoltor mentioned. It looks so ridiculous whenever I see clips.

Styrofoam boulders, Terrible makeup, some emotionless dude in a box who replies with 1 beep or 2 beeps, styrofoam ships, Red shirts = death, tribbles, overracting up the wazoo.

Kirk is too pimp for his own good.

9. TNG: liked it. It had a good beginning with neat character like Q.

DS9: Mostly enjoyed it. I enjoyed the somewhat military feel it took on whenever there was a power struggle over the station or the wormhole. The addition of The Defiant was a nice touch. Also Sisko was always a cool captain. Odo was kind of neat but often annoying. That Cardasian exile Garak was played by Anrew Robinson who is a great actor IMO.

Voyager: My favorite character was the sarcastic hologram doctor. I thought the captain was inept and I wanted to punch her. The show ran out of ideas and had to dig up The Borg.

As for the original crew, their show may have been cheesy but they seem to have the better movies. Especially part 6.
    Last edited by VIDEODROME; 21 Apr 2005 at 04:34 AM.

10. OH GOOD A STAR TREK THREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    Enterprise, I saw the first 4-6 episodes of it and never bothered coming back. Bakula rocks. Unfortunately, his entire crew sucks. The Vulcan chick is smoking hot though.
    watch season 4, minus the season premiere. They really cleaned their shit up, but alas it was too little too late. Tomorrow though, it's MIRROR UNIVERSE TIME!

TOS is great, TNG is pretty good (riker with beard > riker without beard), DS9 is fantastic, Voyager can cram it with walnuts, and Enterprise is pretty okay too.