Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Star Trek

1. DS9 was easily my favorite Star Trek show. I think the writing is top-notch, and very few characters are left undeveloped (this is one issue I have with TNG, I've seen many, many episodes, but for some reason all the characters seem one-dimensional). Their addition of TNG characters is awkward, but I still appreciate it because they managed to actually develop the characters, instead of something like Generations where Kirk just shows up to please the fans.

Garak deserves his own series.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    And Where the Red Fern Grows.
    I can't believe that you've seen this movie! I was about 10, when I saw this one at a drive-in. Was a tear jerker.

*Back on topic*

The original Star Trek, was in syndication when I was around 8 years old. I really enjoyed the series back then, but some of the shows just haven't aged well. Still it had it's moments. Spock was the man, but Captain Kirk was the pimp daddy of the galaxy.

TNG: When this show first aired, I didn't like the concept. It was a slap in the face, to fans of the original series. After watching the show, I was really surprised at how well they put the cast of characters together. I actually liked the series better than that of the original. The crew just had a more likeable personna about it. Data proved to be a standout character, as did most of the second tier characters like Jordi.

Deep Space 9: I was hoping this show would garner my interest, but it just never did. I'm sure later seasons of the show were an improvement, but the whole thing felt more like a soap opera, than an actual Star Trek show. I did like some of the episodes, after Wark arrived.

Voyager: The premier episode grabbed my interest, but the rest of the first season just left me feeling flat. I never cared to watch the show, beyond the first season.

Enterprise: I've watched a few episodes of the first season, but other than that, I haven't really cared for it. I guess my free time played a bigger part in me not watching it.

Star Trek cartoon: I remember watching it on Saturdays and saying to myself, WTF? There was no Sulu, or Checkov as far as I remember. They had some weird alien guy sitting at the console. It was okay, but wasn't that great of a cartoon.
    Last edited by gamevet; 23 Apr 2005 at 02:07 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Dude, don't steal Doc's gimmick.

5. Oh, and: