Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Reliable Industry Insider reveals Revolution 3D info.

1. E3 isn't that far of now.

2. Quote Originally Posted by K3V
    Two words: Virtual Boy
    Haha. ZING! Yeah, never heard that one. Try to have a little more objectivity. Would Lucas, Cameron and Rodriguez go for something as stupid and impractical as the VB (crappy pseudo gameboytech from 1996), especially if it's something they like enough that they think all major theater chains should have it?

I still have reservations but it's at least interesting two of the foremost digital/audiophiles in the film industry are going for the same basic format Nintendo is (assuming this is true) And Cameron is no slouch, he may not have made a movie since Titanic but for the past 7 years he has been helping perfect film tech for his undersea exploration documentaries which have gotten critical acclaim for the cutting edge images they display.

Then again maybe Lucas, Cameron and Nintendo have all finally gotten too eccentric and the movie part of it is just some flash in the pan thing which has already been dropped by film makers. Who knows.

EDIT: Now if it was tech that Paul W.S. Anderson was excited about and wanted to put in his films, then yeah, I'd be scared. ha
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 26 Apr 2005 at 04:45 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    It was more of a time-travelling game than a 'cowboy game'. It still rocked though, but only because it was so bad. The screen it would show when you died was especially hilarious.
    Good call. I was initially going to call it the cowboy vs indian game because I could never get past the 1st level with the fucking indian, I completely forgot about the time traveling aspects.

My frothing demand for next gen time traveling cowboy hologram games has now increased exponentially.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30_1_b.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	15180  
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

Sega's Time Traveller was released on DVD with 3D glasses.

Not as cool as the arcade original with the holograms and shit, but still.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Man, crap like this needs to go away. It almost makes me regret giving Nintendo my money from 1988 to 2003.

7. Xbox 360 is coming out soon.

I can't wait.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

8. And if this is an Add-on, what's stopping M$ or Sony from using it aswell? Would it require special coding? I would think it's the actual projection device or screen that creates the illusion.... especially with it being Backwards compatible and all...

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hardknock
    M$
    This isn't GameFAQs and it isn't 2001. Stop it.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone
    This isn't GameFAQs and it isn't 2001. Stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone
    Xbox 360 is coming out soon.

I can't wait.
    Yup.