Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reliable Industry Insider reveals Revolution 3D info.

1. I really hope that's not Tommy Tellarico.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. Quote Originally Posted by dakidski
    OS X comes with a free stereoscopic game.
    Marathon?

3. Am I the only person who wants movies to stay the way they are now? I keep hearing about this "3D Star Wars re-release" and all the other stuff, and I'm just wondering, is there a problem witht he way movies currently are?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

4. No, there's no need for it. They're just meddling with something that works. It reminds me of colorizing "classic" movies.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 26 Apr 2005 at 08:39 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Am I the only person who wants movies to stay the way they are now? I keep hearing about this "3D Star Wars re-release" and all the other stuff, and I'm just wondering, is there a problem witht he way movies currently are?
    Black and white movies with no sound were fine. Fuck technology.

In 20 years kids will watch 3D flicks and you'll sit there bitching like an old, old man =P
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    But if Nintendo is smart and somehow manages to launch the Rev with a new Mario and maybe even a new Zelda or Metroid with a few other nice AAA titles it will do fine. The GC launch was hopefully a really bad anomaly. Part of the blame can be placed on Miyamoto who said in an interview Sunshine was not released at launch because he wanted resources needed to finish it focused on Pikmin. Dunno if that is really true but that's what he told IGN eons ago back in 2001.
    Agreed. I would think it would only take two or three first party AAA's at lauch or within 6 months of launch to put Nintendo back in the console race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico
    It's not hoping for it, it's knowing that it probably will.
    When is Victor going to join?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Black and white movies with no sound were fine. Fuck technology.
    Yeah, that's not the same. Color and sound could be properly done on 2D film. 3D cannot.

When we get to the day that you can plug in, and see the movie unfold before you as if you are watching real life - or, even better, it is virtual reality and you are the star of the movie - then great, bring on technology. Don't try to shoehorn one visual medium atop another that cannot properly present it.

But either way, when that day comes, I'll enjoy that stuff, but I'll also still enjoy my 2D color talkies.

8. See, this is why you can make fun of Nintendo. Megaton asininity.

9. Mock-up put up by somebody... IGN?

Anyhow, don't take my posting this to say that I believe this, because I don't. I do think it brings up some interesting ideas, though. I wonder if a touchpad like this would actually be a workable thing at this point. The last attempt was, what, the Turbo Touch for the NES? If it worked, it could be interesting, and possibly easier on the thumb. On the other hand, it would offer no resistance like an analog stick, and wouldn't have that center snap-back like an analog stick.

And I dunno, the design is actually kind of interesting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1114554306632.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	15184  

Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    I really hope that's not Tommy Tellarico.
    If it is he has the best sense of humor ever.