Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5789

Thread: Reliable Industry Insider reveals Revolution 3D info.

1. It's still speculation. And you could guess all day long, but the populace has and always will break up into these three parts, in regards to games:

1) People who hate everything X has to offer, no matter what X offers. Therefore they use speculation as justification for writing X off, well before anything X releases actually comes out.

2) People who love everything X does, no matter what it is. Even when it sucks, they claim X's effort isn't as bad as people make it out to be, or say that it's X-bashing propaganda, thus trying to martyr X and make themselves more hardcore by rooting for the underdog.

3) People who don't listen to speculation and such nonsense. X can do good or bad, and they'll be damned if they let rumor, speculation, industry, forums, mainstream, or hardcore zealots tell them what to like.

This is applicable to all companies in gaming. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. Where can I get this "x", it sounds awesome.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Videodrone
    Agreed. I would think it would only take two or three first party AAA's at lauch or within 6 months of launch to put Nintendo back in the console race.

When is Victor going to join?
    Yep, it almost makes me wish they'd put both Mario 128 and Zelda GC for the Rev launch instead. If I were in Iwata's shoes, I'd be pouring a ton of resources to get the plumber, the bounty hunter and the elf at launch.

But we don't even know if Mario 128 will be on GC or Rev. Just two more weeks and hopefully all this confusion will be taken care of.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 29 Apr 2005 at 11:57 PM.

4. I think it will take more than simply making more Mario and Zelda games, Dylan. Those franchises dont have anywhere near the selling power and vitality that they used to.

5. They need to make this gen's Marios, Zeldas, and Metroids. They're taking baby steps towards doing that by introducing new franchises, but they need to place more emphasis on them if they want them to appeal to the masses.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. The thing about Zelda is that the series would be so easily to revitalize. Voice acting, a different control scheme (if maybe not entirely different) and a variance in the gameplay (perhaps boats AND horses in the same game) would make us all happy.

The best part in Ocarina was that you could play it for like 2 weeks after you were done with the main story in an effort just to find the hidden stuff. Epona's horse ranch was great and the way the skeletons came out of the ground at night time was amazing. I'll always remember that part about the game.

The first dungoen in the deku tree taught us everything we needed or wanted to know about the gameplay without spoiling it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. The 'camera problem,' that Nintendo have said is hampering the development of Mario games, will exist as long as games are viewed on a 2D screen. I suppose that's why they're trying this stereoscopic 3D with positional controllers. Good luck to them for trying to cure gaming's ills, but I think they should concentrate on producing innovative games for existing hardware, instead of poor 3D imitations of 15-year-old classics. I suspect this obsession with doing things differently is just an excuse not to compete directly with Sony and MS. And any game that requires the use of special glasses is going to be hard to sell.

8. Not to sound like a Nintendo fanboy, but who are you guys complaining about nintendo too? I sorta skimmed through the posts, didn't really see anyone legitametly defending them. It's like, a new piece of information comes out, and everyone has to inform everyone else, that they indeed, still hate nintendo.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

9. Stereoscopic 3d debunked by the company who developed the technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    Stereoscopic 3d debunked by the company who developed the technology.
    Thanks, BrAnDX105.

Due to the overwhelming number of phone calls and emails inquiring about this we felt the need to acknowledge that eDimensional is in no formal discussion or negotiation with Nintendo regarding our stereoscopic 3D technology," eDimensional CEO Michael Epstein explained.

Rumours that Nintendo is going 3D with its next console, eDimensional and its Gaming Glasses aside, seem likely to persist regardless - and for some time, if it's true that Nintendo won't be showing anything of the Revolution at this year's E3 apart from some rolling in-game footage.