Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a (great) time to be a gamer

1. What a (great) time to be a gamer

It might be too bold of a statement at the moment, but I think gaming is at its best since the 16-bit era. It has the potential to be even better.

I wasn't expecting much in the early stages this new generation (after Sega stopped hardware production); it got off to a slow start, but there have been many pleasant surprises. This year's E3 shows a strong lineup for all four systems. A while ago I vowed that I wouldn't buy any of the three home consoles until they reach the hundred-dollar level, but now I feel pressure to buy at least one.

What are your thoughts?

What a hectic time to be a gamer.

3. What a pocketbook cleansing time to be a gamer.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    it took a while and a lot of fudged attempts but it looks like everyone finally has a grasp on 3-d.

5. What an incredibly depressing time to be a gamer.
    TeamGO!
    Project Raven Discussion
    http://pub66.ezboard.com/bteamgo
    Come sign up on TeamGo's boards. Express what you think TeamGo's game should be like.

6. why would it be depressing ? your getting the best of both 2D and 3D?

7. seemed like a good E3 all around. I can remember not
    anticipating(I'm not very excitable. . .) any games, and now there are two. thats a good thing.

8. The only system I see worth buying right now is a portable system. 3d games usually arent bad, but they usually arent good either. Same thing with 2d games, only on a lesser scale. There is the occcasional gem for a system, but thats not enough to warrant me buying a system. For me, buying a system is like approving of the games they are making for that particular system. I honestly could care less about what company makes the system or whatever. The DC will probably be the last system I actually enjoy if this continues.
    TeamGO!
    Project Raven Discussion
    http://pub66.ezboard.com/bteamgo
    Come sign up on TeamGo's boards. Express what you think TeamGo's game should be like.

9. What kind of games do you like? examples? the stuff on the Gba is pretty much fantastic......NIGHTS , shinobi , metroid , and most of all possibly the best castlevania ever ......it has the most talented team according to the interview in chronicles.

10. i think i feel quite the opposite. I don't see much i'm very interested in besides a few of Nintendos old stand-bys. Sequels are lame.

-stormy