Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is this MSN Messenger?

1. What is this MSN Messenger?

Everytime I start up my computer or reboot..I get this message telling me that someone added me to their list and asks if I want to add them..did I just get hacked or something?

How do I stop this?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msn.JPG 
Views:	316 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	15216  

2. Instant messaging program, like AIM. I just block everyone I don't know.

3. The thing is, I dont use MSN messenger. I use trillian but it doesnt pop up with that.

Plus the email "mel33t@hotmail.com" is like "me leet"

4. http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/

try this, tho i dont think thats the case. also try launching ms messenger (im sure you still have it installed) and tell it only to accept people from your buddy list and leave your buddy list blank.

5. Thanks but its not one of those. Its like someone is trying to add me to their list and it pops up with that message box.

6. disable the messenger service if it isn't already

7. Yeah whatever... leave messenger on. Its fine... really.

8. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    disable the messenger service if it isn't already
    And how I do that? I notice that when I log on with Trillian, it says that I have been signed out from my .NET passport at another location on my computer.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    And how I do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    Dyne already told you. The Messenger service that's afflicting you is different from MSN Messenger.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

10. But its not a Messenger Service. Its one of those that pop ups notifying you that someone added you to their buddy list. Whats weird is that I didnt get this notification on my Trillian.