Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EGM sez: Blizzard developing MMORPG for PS3

1. EGM sez: Blizzard developing MMORPG for PS3

With possibility of a 360 version.

Discuss.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

5 dollars says it's a WOW port.
    There's no way they'd come out with another game, any game, much less another MMORPG that fast otherwise.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. Nor would it be successful if they have one understaffed MMO, would a second understaffed MMO be good?

4. A rebuilt Starcraft Ghost. HA!

If it is a port of WoW, they better make the online compatible with the PC players and voice needs to be standardized by that point. I want to use a headset on my PC and talk to the people using a console.

As long as I'm dreaming, I'd like a pony.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    If it is a port of WoW, they better make the online compatible with the PC players and voice needs to be standardized by that point. I want to use a headset on my PC and talk to the people using a console.
    Which is the main reason I'm thinking it's coming to the PS3, if this is true. Because I think they want to have PC-console interactivity, unless XBL allows for it next gen, which also wouldn't surprise me. Or, perhaps it is World of StarCraft.

As long as I'm dreaming, I'd like a pony.
    I would also enjoy a pony.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

6. Just for you Mech.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. If it were an MMO in the starcraft universe... I would be all over it. I don't really know of any MMORPGs in a futuristic setting (By anyone of any competence)

8. Quote Originally Posted by Thief~Silver
    If it were an MMO in the starcraft universe... I would be all over it. I don't really know of any MMORPGs in a futuristic setting (By anyone of any competence)
    Anarchy Online, DUH!

Anyway, my guess is that its a port of World of Warcraft. I just wonder how theyre gonna cram that interface onto a controller.

I totally dont think its possible for them to make two MMOs in such a short amount of time. It just takes so much fucking time and energy to make one. If this is a World of Starcraft or something Id be blown away.

9. USB keyboards, I'd hope

10. You couldn't do a starcraft mmo and make it fun. Too many things needed. people would want siege tanks, battlecruisers, the ability to cloak and call down nukes on enemies, not to mention wanting to be Zerg. I mean really, think about that. How in the heck would you be a zerg? would you be a zergling? A hydralisk? would you have to merge with someone elses account to become a mutalisk? I think if they stuck to being Protoss and being Terran it might be doable, but then you are taking away half of what was so fun about the original source material.