Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Zelda 2005 leak

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    I agree with everything said here.

Lucky for me I hadn't really played Ocarina or Majora's Mask, so WW was fresh enough that I loved every minute of it. Except the sailing, that got old.
    As do I. Except I did play both Ocarina and Majora's Mask, and I still enjoyed Wind Waker immensly. Except that fucking fetch quest right before the last dungeon, that sucked, sucked hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    The hell are you talking about? For one thing, SMB2 was a totally different game released in America with Mario Sprites and new packaging, that had nothing to do with Nintendo taking a risk with a sequel (and the actual sequel that Nintendo did make was almost the exact same thing as SMB). For another, Prime was this generation and Mario 64 was last, making your supposed "age when Nintendo took risks" lasting the entire lengthspan that they've been making games. A game here or there isn't a constant.
    Super Mario Brothers 2 is a fun game so it may not have been a risk to bring it over because of that reason, but smacking the Mario brothers in a game that doesnt play like the previous game IS a risk, as you can never really be sure how the public and fans will react to it.
    And you are right, there is a huge generation gap between some of the games I mentioned,and it sucks that it takes so long for Nintendo to evolve, but I guess, its better late than never, right?

I mean, what's the alternative? Just vegetate and let everything you do end up stale and non-inspired like Sega?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Super Mario Brothers 2 is a fun game so it may not have been a risk to bring it over because of that reason, but smacking the Mario brothers in a game that doesnt play like the previous game IS a risk, as you can never really be sure how the public and fans will react to it.
    Your logic is backwards. They placed Mario characters in a game because it would sell with them; how many copies it would sell without would've been far fewer.
    I mean, what's the alternative? Just vegetate and let everything you do end up stale and non-inspired like Sega?
    I think the point Diff is trying to make is that that very thing has already happened to Nintendo. I've enjoyed all the Zelda games I've played but it's not hard to see where he's coming from on that series.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    Your logic is backwards. They placed Mario characters in a game because it would sell with them; how many copies it would sell without would've been far fewer.
    Backwards?,I hope not.Just saying that their was on obvious difference in gameplay between 1 and 2.It may have been a game not developed with Mario and his kin involved,like you say ,but it ended up a Mario game in the end - It is Super Mario Brothers 2.And it's a good game and it was different, that's all I'm trying to say.If Nintendo wants to go buy some other shit hot, game from another developer/programmer and throw Link or Samus or Kid Icarus in the starring role in it, and its a good game than fine, by me - that game will be Kid Icarus 2 or Super Mario Moonlight or Metroid Odd - whatever - its a risk -a change of pace if its different.And I'm happy with that.

But,yeah,the lack of Mario franchise goodness in part 2 would have dropped sales of the title, but wouldnt have made it any less of a cool game obviously.I just dont read the monthly Top 10 Sales list to determine what games I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechdeus
    I think the point Diff is trying to make is that that very thing has already happened to Nintendo. I've enjoyed all the Zelda games I've played but it's not hard to see where he's coming from on that series.
    I think the signs are there for sure. Nintendo is on the verge of either fucking things up totally or keeping its head above water.We'll find out this next generation with Revolution,Gameboy Advance 2,and whatever else is down the proverbial piping.So this next Zelda may be a nail in that coffin, or it may be what fans are looking for.Maybe they'll find new fans,like this,lose old ones, who knows - people change - diff is proof of this.I dont hate him for it. I like reading his opinions - they are interesting, if not a bit negative sometimes,but he's being honest, I think.

And I hope this next Zelda game rox my sox, I hope Nintendo doesnt fail,and I hope my kids' kids can play the latest incarnation of Zelda years in the future and have fun with it - and if they get stuck - than grandpappy Jetman can come in and show them how its done - " See Jr, Back in the day of the first Zelda games we had to tap the walls of the dungeons with our sword to see if it could be bombed ,like so....<ramble,ramble,ramble>"

5. Kid Icarus 2 was interesting, and it was on GameBrick.

Yeah, Zelda just keeps going, but what do you want? They could've gone ahead with that puzzle game idea they had going a few years back, but besides that, a new Zelda's going to be a new Zelda. It'd be hard to make something too different and still similar enough to attract old fans. Minish was the only Zelda game since the first that i didn't absolutely love and that's only because i ran out of things to do way too fast.

Majora and Wind Waker were both pretty different outside of the main quest. Just playing through was same as always. Helping people and sailing around really made those two.

6. You know you all will be buying this game because you are weak weak nerds.

I also will be buying this game. *cries*

7. Well this is my first post about a game in a while.

Anyway, I read the EGM and Aonuma says that the game will have no DC/GB linking gimmicky shit as he wanted the game to stand on its own without that kind of stuff which is good to hear. The game will also have nothing to do with Four Swords.

Also from the looks of it, it's going to be huge world with different towns and such and not just a big hub of Hyrule. This makes the game feel less enclosed and satisfies my want for it to get some ideas from GTA like the huge stages.

I love that Link is just a regular townsman or "Cowboy Link" as he's referred to like the other games and it looks like there will be more NPC interaction. I'm not sure if this games fixes all the problems diffusionx had in mind but it seems that way.

My only potential issue is that the world may be too big like the Wind Waker (and the God damned boat stuff which made me stop playing the game altogether) and it'll take forever to get from place to place with just a horse but hopefully there will be faster ways of getting around.

From the shots I've seen of the game, it looks beautiful but also somewhat barren. That's to be expected with the countryside and that type of game though as it doesn't have any futuristic trappings. Link and the art style/direction look outstanding, more anime'ish like that article in the pics say but not really going for absolute realism.

I have hopes for this game as I've been wanting to play and finish a Zelda game since Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time which is the best Zelda game I've played so far. Majoras Mask and Wind Waker were very good Zelda games but never quite reached Miyamoto's masterpiece due to gameplay elements being too repetetive or lame or a puzzle or two that had my head scratching.
    Last edited by Will; 05 May 2005 at 04:05 PM.

In Wind Waker...you got that warp song...right?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    In Wind Waker...you got that warp song...right?
    I think so, I don't quite remember.

I got pretty far in it but just stopped playing so I forgot some of my progress. I was thinking about picking it up where I left off and finish the damn thing at least but it'll feel weird since I pretty much forgot all the moves and items I had.

Starting over seems like a good idea now.