Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: SEGA SAMMY to reveal Naomi 3!

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    You'd pretty much have to be open - and busy - 24 hours a day to make a go of any arcade if you only charge .25 per game. Either that, or just stick to older, cheaper cabs.

Personally, I wouldn't even bother with new games, other than one or two near the front. The rest would be older, 2D stuff.
    Sticking to JAMMA games for the most part with maybe a small side-order of music (only the newest DDR, GF/DM, and Beatmania IIDX) and racing games (all you need there is Battle Gear 4 and OutRun 2 SP) sounds like an idea. Running Japanese JAMMA games in cabinets is cheaper than the sims and is a good way to have some exclusives considering GameWorks, D&B, and Time Out etc. don't do these. Derby Owners Club? Forget it. I'd leave that base to D&B.

$20 for an all-day pass is the way to go.

One way to build a community: get contests going on some games with an entry fee and some sort of prize (concert tickets, cash, free tokens, restaurant gift certificates like TGI Fridays etc.). These would be good for drumming up extra interest in non-mainstream titles.

Too bad this Tokyo Game Action place is only in New York. If it were near me, D&B would be off my schedule.

2. Actually, Tokyo Game Action is located in Woonsocket, RI. I only went there like twice (to do other things, not to play). It's a relatively small place, but it's a great place to hang out. Everyone seems to know each other and it's grown into quite the fine community. The owner, Andy, is really cool too. I'd love to go there frequently, but it's a bit far for me to go down there often by myself for now.

It's mainly Bemani at the moment, but they have some awesome stuff like BeatmaniaIIDX 11 Red (my god that machine is sexy!) and they're currently beta testing a DDR Forever machine, which is their own custom Stepmania DDR mix with all the songs from 1st - Extreme and all the mixes in between (including even the Gameboy mixes) plus other songs that they've thouroughly tested and synced. I believe they have pictures on their website. Anyone that went to Anime Boston this past weekend probably saw it in the game room there.

They're expanding into fighting games now this summer. They're converting their 3rd Strike machine from an upright cabinet to a sit-down candy cab and they'd be getting other games like CvS2, GGX2#R (maybe Slash if that comes out?), SFA3, and some other stuff. Once they get those in, I'd probably try to force my friends to go down there more frequently to play around. People in the area should check the place out some day, especially when they get all them fighting games.