Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: SEGA SAMMY to reveal Naomi 3!

1. SEGA SAMMY to reveal Naomi 3!

Sega announced the annual Sega Private Show will take place in 3 different cities, Sega will reveal the new arcade system which uses high-end PowerVR graphic technology, only next generation console systems will be able to handle an identical conversion. Here are the show times:

May 20 - Tokyo
    May 24 - Osaka
    May 26 - Fukoka
    http://the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Sounds like more 2 dollar a credit games to me. Judging by your use of an exclamation point, I see you're pretty excited.

Don't be.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. If next gen systems will handle a perfect conversion...

...why not just skip the arcade step altogether? Mindless. Good job, Sega. Hooked up with a real bunch of winners.

4. Sounds awesome.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

5. Other than Virtua Fighter 5 and Sega Rally 3, do you know what has been announced?

6. This news is meh, at best.

Oh yeah, SEGATON. There, got it over with.
    All is well.

7. Is all the negative cack because of the state of arcades in the US?

Its a shame home consoles have made people so appathetic.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Kron
    Is all the negative cack because of the state of arcades in the US?

First, the word you're looking for is apathetic.

Second, we stopped caring about Sega because, with the notable exception of Outrun 2, they haven't done anything lately to excite us.

Third, it's a new arcade machine, and most of us have stopped playing arcades years ago. If they announced an arcade system that allows you to challenge other arcade players online, that might have been interesting. Otherwise, this is non-news.

And fourth, the guy who posted the news is a human Sega spambot.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

9. Well, we DO live in the US. I'm looking forward to VF5, but given Sega's recent track record, that's the only title I care about.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kron
    Is all the negative cack because of the state of arcades in the US?

No, but really what is so exciting about yet another piece of arcade hardware? Especially hardware that is on par with/not as good as the hardware youre gonna be able to have in your house in 6 months? Come on.