Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 818202122

Thread: 13 yr old girl wants an abortion

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Damn, dude, you're younger than me and they didn't teach you anything in school? I had a sex education section of health class. We put a condom on a banana. This is a town with no hispanic people, very few asians and maybe five black families. Well, back then it was.

If that's the situation now, we REALLY need to pick up the pace here. Damn.
    We had a sex ed class, but there was nothing about putting on condoms or anything. It mostly taught abstinence.

Like I said, I think a better correlation than the one Cow described is based on income and class (like everything else in the US). When you got stuff, or are going someplace, you know that a kid is gonna wreck your life so youre gonna be really careful about it all. If you are living in some South Bronx shithole and you know youre gonna be working at a factory and shit the rest of your life, it doesnt matter as much.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 05 May 2005 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Correlation doesnt imply causation.
    That's true. But even if the lack of education does not factor in at all (which I doubt) it really can't hurt to teach it. All the evidence that I can see supports the idea that people who are better educated about their options have a better shot at avoiding an unwanted pregnancy.

Of course if you want a pregnancy or don't care about avoiding one, that doesn't apply.

Like I said, I think a better correlation than the one Cow described...
    Ignorance is not the only correlating factor, obviously. But it's something that's relatively easy to rectify.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    Ignorance is not the only correlating factor, obviously. But it's something that's relatively easy to rectify.
    You cannot make people learn.

4. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    You cannot make people learn.
    Sure you can.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    I dont know about that. For example, I heard the AIDS rate among gays was starting to go back up. Turns out that two decades of warning the community about AIDS and being careful about risky behavior has just desensitized them. That might apply to everyone, I dont know.

Anyway, my point is that telling them how to use a condom or whatever isnt gonna change the socioeconomic conditions that may in fact be closer to the actual reason why more poor/underprivileged people have unwanted babies (although, and this is the truth, poor people have unwanted babies, and unwanted babies keep people in poverty). Its a start, but we shouldnt overestimate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Sure you can.
    Wow, you're real insightful.

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Wow, you're real insightful.
    Here's more insight- you're a douche. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 06 May 2005 at 08:43 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

(although, and this is the truth, poor people have unwanted babies, and unwanted babies keep people in poverty)
    It’s a vicious cycle of fucking and poverty

8. Dreamcast

(the girl helped, heh =X)
    Who says no good comes of abortion threads?
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

9. It seems like the poor are having 'too many' babies because the wealthier are having too few.

10. Bloody poor people.