Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of Heaven - Official Thread

1. Film Kingdom of Heaven - Official Thread

This Friday, new film from the acclaimed director Ridley Scott, opens nationwide. This time, its a story of the Crusades, and how young Brave Prince of Troy aka Heroic Swordsmith aka Elf Legolas, was right in the middle of the historic battle of the forces of East and West at the walls of Jerusalem.

Scott is a great director, and now after his previous historic journey into ancient Rome, he tries Crusades era.

The trailer and few bits of the film (especially a sword fight in the forest at the beginning), makes it look pretty interesting, and from the reviews that I read, it makes clear that film delivers on the promise of grand battle scenes on the level of LOTR films, brutal combat and heroics. Just exactly the thing I am in the mood for.

Its rather long, with running time of 140+ minutes, but again, word is that these minutes pass on the good pace.

Here is the one of the positive reviews for the film:
    http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/mo...om_heaven.html

Here is Yahoo page for the film with various clips and trailers for it:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/kingdomofheaven.html

2. Word is that the film is historically inaccurate and ridiculous, and Orlando Bloom fails miserably as the hero. This movie has bomb written all over it, just like every other crappy CGI army movie thrown together in the wake of LOTR.

What is a Crusder?

4. If Orlando Bloom dies, I'll see the movie.
    Just like how I'll see House of Wax to see a pole go through Paris Hilton's head.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

5. Actually, this movie is getting pretty mixed reviews which to me usually shows that the movie is probably pretty good but some people 'reviewers' always find flaws in everything.

6. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    What is a Crusder?
    Its a dude with a sword fighting for Christ and missing an A

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Word is that the film is historically inaccurate and ridiculous, and Orlando Bloom fails miserably as the hero. This movie has bomb written all over it, just like every other crappy CGI army movie thrown together in the wake of LOTR.
    I read about its being historically inaccurate, and the review of the film that I posted link to, confirms just that. It doesnt mean that it cant be a decent film, just because of historic liberties.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jonas
    Actually, this movie is getting pretty mixed reviews which to me usually shows that the movie is probably pretty good but some people 'reviewers' always find flaws in everything.
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/kingdom_of_heaven/

53% as of now. That usually shows that the movie sucks ass.

But yea, if you want to see something totally historically inaccurate and whitewashed, with the same CGI battles youve seen in every other action movie since LOTR, go check it out.

I heard that people who enjoyed I, Robot will also enjoy this film.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Word is that the film is historically inaccurate and ridiculous,
    Extremely historically innaccurate... it plays of Saladin as the savior of the Christians, Jews and Muslims who were being oppressed by Guy de Lusignan and his Templar nights.

There's no chance in hell I'll watch it because it'll just piss me off.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    Extremely historically innaccurate... it plays of Saladin as the savior of the Christians, Jews and Muslims who were being oppressed by Guy de Lusignan and his Templar nights.

There's no chance in hell I'll watch it because it'll just piss me off.
    That actually sounds pretty funny.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453