Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1323252627

Thread: Alan Wake - Official

1. Yep, we are. It happens every three rooms where that asshole scientist annoys you or pulls you out of the world so they can be unfunny in his lab. I DO IT

Lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Also Yoshi - have you played this? Does it pick up later? I went in hoping it was at least a poor man's Silent Hill, but so far it's front loaded with boring walk-in-a-line-and-be-tutorialized segments.
    Yes, it's been quite a while (360 day one), but I definitely liked it. Now, that was during the absolute dearth of horror games, so maybe that helped it.

3. Hmm...well, I can give it another shot. At this point it's not even a matter of getting my money's worth - I'd rather save time if it's bad since time is such a valuable thing. But if it's at least like...Silent Hill Downpour level of creepy I'll stick to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Yep, we are. It happens every three rooms where that asshole scientist annoys you or pulls you out of the world so they can be unfunny in his lab. I DO IT

Lawl
    Didn't know I could get through three rooms in three seconds. Damn.

(also yeah, that bit breaks the pace but holy hell, not as needy as Alan Wake's beginning has been)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. Well, it is a pretty easy game with not a lot of stuff to see (especially since you see it several times) so yeah, it goes by pretty quickly.

6. TUTORIAL