Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantasy Star Universe!

1. I DLed the beta...okay, some of you guys are friggin' anal. Spectacular? No. "Horrible," "ass," "ballsweat"? Get outta here, you guys are a bunch of drama queens. It's fine. It's PSO with more complexity.

They've cleaned up the servers, because I didn't have any of the lag, hanging or disconnect issues other people had, it ran perfectly the whole time.

I don't know if I like it better than PSO though - they clearly could've done more to the gameplay, and the music's not as good. But there's definitely more to it overall, and I had a decent enough time. And Shidoshi, you can't dislike it that much, you were on for like four hours tonight, man! I would've tracked you down if my character wasn't still a useless puss.
    -Kyo

2. Quote Originally Posted by elfneedsfood View Post
    There seem to be very few people playing healers in this game.
    Probably because only Force characters can heal now, and so far, we've found no way to easily regain PP. Thus, Forces are forced to use what PP they have for attacks and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    And Shidoshi, you can't dislike it that much, you were on for like four hours tonight, man! I would've tracked you down if my character wasn't still a useless puss.
    That's because I'm actively trying to like the game. More and more, though, there are just so many areas where I ask "why in the f**k did they do things this way?"
    Last edited by mollipen; 15 Oct 2006 at 06:10 AM.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    I DLed the beta...okay, some of you guys are friggin' anal. Spectacular? No. "Horrible," "ass," "ballsweat"? Get outta here, you guys are a bunch of drama queens. It's fine. It's PSO with more complexity.
    Yeah, it's really more of the same, but in a similar yet different package. I don't see how if you loved PSO you'd hate this game. It probably won't convert many people, but it seems to be a better (and seemingly deeper) PSO to me.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Probably because only Force characters can heal now, and so far, we've found no way to easily regain PP. Thus, Forces are forced to use what PP they have for attacks and whatnot.
    You can buy Photon Charrges to refill your weapons' PP. There is a Photon Charge Cosmos that will do this for ALL your weapons as well. You can (and should) also carry multiple weapons and attach your attacks and magic to them, so as not to have to worry about charging up your weapons mid-battle. Then there are those long levels where there are actual photon charge stations. Lastly, if you stand still (I found walking slowly allows it as well) you can slowly recharge your PP, but only for the weapon you have equipped.
    Last edited by SonofdonCD; 15 Oct 2006 at 01:23 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by SonofdonCD View Post
    Yeah, it's really more of the same, but in a similar yet different package. I don't see how if you loved PSO you'd hate this game.
    Six years after I originally played PSO, I expect, I dunno, a game that shows six years of progress. This isn't a new online PS game, it's PSO v4. That's how I can hate this game. (Okay, maybe not hate, but be horribly disappointed with.)
    Last edited by mollipen; 15 Oct 2006 at 05:47 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    It's PSO with more complexity.
    That's the rub. This is actually less fun than the game I played to death years ago.

They've cleaned up the servers, because I didn't have any of the lag, hanging or disconnect issues other people had, it ran perfectly the whole time.
    I tried several times last night and today to get on and couldn't because the servers were "loaded."

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Six years after I originally played PSO, I expect, I dunno, a game that shows six years of progress. This isn't a new online PS game, it's PSO v4.
    IBTMFN.

PSO was pretty fuckin boring too.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. I didn't like the PSU demo. It crashed on me and then wouldn't let me join because the server was too busy. And it looks like shit too. The $10 hunters license thing is bullshit, but I might have gone for it if the 360 version wasn't $10 more. Sega loose.

At least there is some awesome stuff comming soon in the form of Gears of War and Splinter Cell.

8. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Six years after I originally played PSO, I expect, I dunno, a game that shows six years of progress. This isn't a new online PS game, it's PSO v4. That's how I can hate this game. (Okay, maybe not hate, but be horribly disappointed with.)
    I don't know. While I can see where you're coming from and don't exactly disagree, I'm still feeling that PSO magic that got me hooked years ago. Even with all the bugs, crashes and full servers, I still have a feening for this game. Lord help me.

I found a crew of really cool guys and we have a blast. I still think that's the main reason I continue to play; community. And CO-OP. I'm getting tired of the same ole deathmatch over and over again. I wanna cooperate with other people more, I find that dynamic a whole lot more satisfying (could also be that I'm not a competitive person by nature). But that's musing for another thread.

9. I feel like most of you this game sucks and I was a total PSO whore I'm very dissapointed.

Has anyone got this message. "Special request Server Interuption"

10. I think I'm done with this beta. Level 19 and I've blown through all of the content so many times I could probably do it in my sleep. The risk/reward setup for the zones is all out of whack -- there are level 10 zones that offer more EXP and money per run than level 15 zones, and level 15 zones that offer more EXP and money per run than level 25 zones.

Also, for those trying to get on: the retry command at the login prompt is broken. Do not use it, instead disconnect, go back to the title screen and reconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Six years after I originally played PSO, I expect, I dunno, a game that shows six years of progress.
    This was developed by Sonic Team.

Let me reiterate that, for emphasis: This was developed by Sonic Team. None of their games have shown any evolution over the last six years.