Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantasy Star Universe!

1. wait, casts can be forces????heresy!!!!!!!!!
    1.are there still traps?

2.how many worlds are there online?

3.if any race can be any class, what are the comparative advantages of the races. i recall humans were balanced, casts were stronger, and newms were mages, im assuming beasts are more accurate, just for class spiking balance

4.does your helper robot travel with you like a mag still, or is it only in your room till you get it to the point that it looks like a small cast?

5.are weapon combos still just hard and light swings, with the same animations but faster or slower, or do the combos actually branch with different animations now.

6.how useful are the vehicles? im assuming they mena that the world areas are a lot bigger

7.do shields and armor show now? or do you still look the same forever.

8.and, i know im going to get called a furry, so a pre-emptive fuck you to all of you, but what all can you customize on beasts, do they have things like claws, tails and fangs? in a realated story, how csutomizeable are your characters now, is it still just head, body, and the x/y axis shifting for build or are there a lot more segments to customize. fianlly are there a lot of customization options for casts? sorry but city of heroes has spoiled me, and i want to have a good bit of control over my appearence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

2. Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex View Post
    wait, casts can be forces????heresy!!!!!!!!!
    1.are there still traps?

3.if any race can be any class, what are the comparative advantages of the races. i recall humans were balanced, casts were stronger, and newms were mages, im assuming beasts are more accurate, just for class spiking balance

4.does your helper robot travel with you like a mag still, or is it only in your room till you get it to the point that it looks like a small cast?

5.are weapon combos still just hard and light swings, with the same animations but faster or slower, or do the combos actually branch with different animations now.

6.how useful are the vehicles? im assuming they mena that the world areas are a lot bigger

8.and, i know im going to get called a furry, so a pre-emptive fuck you to all of you, but what all can you customize on beasts, do they have things like claws, tails and fangs? in a realated story, how csutomizeable are your characters now, is it still just head, body, and the x/y axis shifting for build or are there a lot more segments to customize. fianlly are there a lot of customization options for casts? sorry but city of heroes has spoiled me, and i want to have a good bit of control over my appearence.
    I'd like to know the answers to these ?s too, because none of the Msg boards or anything else I've looked up on this game has answered them.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

3. wait, casts can be forces????heresy!!!!!!!!!
    I didn't think they could be either until I got into a room last night, and this donut cast was walking around w/ a cane casting Resta. :/

1.are there still traps?
    Yes, although I don't think you get them by default... you buy them in the shop.

3 planets (only 2 open right now), plus the Guardians Colony space station which can have missions. Each planet has a few different areas to explore. There might be more space stations down the road, but who knows.

Sounds about right. Humans are the most balanced. Newmans have the most MST. Casts are the strongest. Beasts are somewhere there w/ casts I think. As a bonus, Casts have something called a Nanoblast, which is most comparable to a Photon Blast (with a MUCH cooler motion, which happens real time -- no longer stops everything). Beasts have something, the name of which has escaped me, where they turn into a giant... uh... beast, and kick the shit out of everything.

At the moment, no, but apparently they do later. Right now, they just hang out in your room and hold items for you. I've been trying to evolve mine, but I've given it a ton of shit and haven't even evolved one of it's 4 attributes yet. You can feed it all day long, but it's not like items are super abundant right now. Also, it's hard to get into your room at the moment, due to some network bullshit. In fact, your lucky if the game doesn't freeze on you if you try to go there now. Hopefully it'll be fixed by the end of the month.

Oh, yeah -- you name your Partner Machinery as well.

There are now only attacks, and attack w/ photon arts. There's no light and hard swing. Photon arts are bought in disc form like techs. You use them, then "link" them to a weapon. They get stronger with use. Each one starts off having 1 combo. At level 11, it will gain another combo. Presumably more at levels 21 and 31 (just a hunch). Each time you combo your photon art, it takes X amount of PP off of the weapon. The weapon will autmotically recharge if you have it equipped, but rather slowly. Mind you, one swing is in the area of 15 PP, so right now, my level 13 ones take up 30 PP if I do a full combo. The 2nd part of the combo does about double damage though, so it's very worth it.

One last thing - unless you want to wait around all day for your weapons to autmotically charge, you can pay to have them charged in any of the towns, or sometimes during the stages. Completing a mission or even logging off and back on will not replenish your PP.

None online yet, and I've only played 3 chapters offline. Offline is pretty weak if you ask me. It's like playing online w/ some really gay characters and story.

Not sure yet. Too early. Although there are no shields AFAIK. Only armor. Each armor can have 4 slots, but not just general slots. It can have a head, body, arm, or extra slot. Only certain units can go in certain slots. No more God/Ability x3.

I've only made a human and newman (not even played the newman yet). It's much more customizeable than PSO. You can alter:
    head
    face
    eyes
    eyebrows
    lashes
    ears
    body height
    body width
    upper body clothes
    pants
    footwear

Doesn't seem you can change hair color right off, but I believe for a fee (1000 meseta?) you can go to an aesthetic salon and have it changed. You can buy clothes (some cheap, some very pricey) in clothing shops as well. You can change clothes in these shops any time, assuming you have them. You can even get down to your underwear and fight that way, although it's more like a gym suit, so too bad for all you horny fucks.
    Last edited by GaijinPunch; 11 Sep 2006 at 01:39 AM.
    gamengai: old ass Japanese games (some new ones too!)

4. Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch View Post
    Offline is pretty weak if you ask me. It's like playing online w/ some really gay characters and story.
    That's a shame. They made a big deal about how it was supposed to be a fully featured singled player game.
    -Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch View Post
    Offline is pretty weak if you ask me. It's like playing online w/ some really gay characters and story.
    So it's exactly like online then.

This thread makes me sad.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

7. That's a shame. They made a big deal about how it was supposed to be a fully featured singled player game.
    Well, it is. I just think the:
    -characters are flat
    -story and all it's elements are horribly cliche'd
    -fluff between the action parts is too long
    -point of the game is to pimp out your own character, so why bother with offline?

So it's exactly like online then.
    Yes, just with some "story" thrown in there.
    gamengai: old ass Japanese games (some new ones too!)

8. ok thanks for the info. that was what i wanted to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

9. How are the aircraft? Are the vehicles integrated into the online game at all?
    -Kyo

10. Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex View Post
    wait, casts can be forces????heresy!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah... this was a really, really dumb idea. Sega could really have done some interesting stuff with Cast "tech" abilities, but instead just decided to allow them to be able to cast magic like everybody else.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.