Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2838404142

Thread: Phantasy Star Universe!

1. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    So basically, all of the problems that plagued PSO back in 2000 are still present and accounted for. Add to that the fact that the game does basically nothing PSO didn't, and you have unrefutable proof that Sonic Team is shit.
    Standard? This is just a continuation of their fine tradition of taking a series and raping it into red mush. At least when a company like EA runs a series into the ground, they maintain the same level of mediocrity.

From what I am told, the Xbox 360 version is much more secure, but I'm pinning this as 100% Microsoft's doing and 0% Sonic Team's.

2. This is disappointing. To say the absolute least.
    Donk

3. With 200+ hours logged, I can tell you that none of these problems exist on the 360 version. And like Dipstick said, that's likely thanks to Microsoft rather than Sega.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamble View Post
    With 200+ hours logged
    Ban pls for principle's sake.

5. I understand the knee-jerk reaction to blame Sonic Team because I'm upset with them, too. It's not their responsibility alone, though; it'd be illogical to put a gunshot victim on trial for not wearing a bulletproof vest when it's the assailant's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    Can I get an "I told you so" in here :P
    No problem, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Ban pls for principle's sake.
    That's not as bad as >600... on a crappier version...
    Last edited by RedCoKid; 09 Feb 2007 at 01:18 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by RedCoKid View Post
    I understand the knee-jerk reaction to blame Sonic Team because I'm upset with them, too. It's not their responsibility alone, though; it'd be illogical to put a gunshot victim on trial for not wearing a bulletproof vest when it's the assailant's fault.
    No, but not taking any protective measures when you walk into an area that is effectively raining bullets is pretty fucking stupid, to the point of being criminally negligent.

Computer security is a bitch. Your userbase is also the enemy. They will do everything in their power to circumvent anything in a game that slows their progress toward teh phat lootz. This goes 100x for games that have a real-money market (thankfully PSU doesn't).

It is what it is; and if you are not willing to take measures against such fucktardery you have no business getting involved in the first place.

B&

Quote Originally Posted by RedCoKid View Post
    True

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    B&
    PB&J? :9