Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cat Pictures

1. Cat Pictures

Not trying to brag, as though I specially selected him to turn out the way he has, but my cat's fur is beautiful. He's also a very calm cat that loves to pose. So I've been taking pictures of him and fixing them up in Photoshop from RAW data. Right now I have two pics, they're both huge, so instead of posting the actual images here I'll put a thumbnail that links to the image. His name is Siro (pronounced See-row) I kind of want to get some of his pictures into some sort of contest or maybe a calendar of him because of how his coat turned out, but I have no idea how to do that. Anyway, the first picture is of him doing his favorite activity: watching the pigeons out of the window. I have no way of cleaning the outside window, so that's why those dirt splotches are there. The second picture is him being lazy and upsize down. I like it because you can really see how fine his coloring is, especially near his nose.

I'll put more up as I take them. It took several shots of each of those to get the ones that I ended up using. Let me know what you guys think.

Giltch Guest
    Very nice. How much did you get him for(if that's the way you got him)?

4. That's a pretty kitty, too. Similar faces, my cat and that one.

We got Siro at a PetCo where some little girls had a box of kittens, actually. Their cat had given birth to them and they weaned them, but couldn't afford to keep them so they were giving them away. On the ride home from the store, he fell asleep in my lap, didn't even care that we were in the car.

We had to pay for neutering and his shots, but at least his momma cat taught him how to use his litterbox. Here he is, sleeping:

Giltch Guest
    Here's mine. Pretty generic, I know, but although you can't tell from this picture(it was taken a while back), he has one of the healthiest coats I've probably ever seen on another cat. It practically glows.

BTW, this was taken using a horrible camera, plus it's been resized the wrong way, so the picture looks like crap
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taco.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	15364  

6. For some reason, all these cats look high.

Had this one calico cat named Mittens years ago. She had six toes on both her front feet, and was cool. She was super adventurous the first five years of her life, but was super docile the last five.

A few years back my mom got me a white cat I called Comet. She was forever cleaning herself, like some kinda schizo-cat. However, she was probably the most affectionate cat I owned. She also was mad mother-like. She'd carry this pair of socks around like it was her kitten. She also acted like a surrogate mother my sister's pug, Jade. My mom got me that cat officially her and my sister both had their own cat. The real reason, though, was that they both hated cleaning out the litterbox, and by getting me a cat, the litterbox duties fell upon me. Even though I had said several times that I didn't want a cat (knowing full well I'd eventually get stuck with cleanup detail), Comet kicked ass.

My first cat was a Russian Blue named Smokey, aka Smoke. He was fucking rugged. He was super affectionate, even though he was an outside cat all his life. He was the very definition of hardcore, though. How he survived in the neighborhood we lived in, only God knows. When we moved up to the sticks of Washington, PA for a year and a half, he was a damn grey lion. I vividly remember that fucking cat coming back down from the hill, with a rabbit as big as him in his mouth. He ate that whole fuckin' rabbit right on the front porch, then spewed it up. He'd kick the ass of all manner of animal bigger than him (groundhogs, badgers, etc.). My former neighbors who live out in Eustis, FL adopted him in his twilight years. They had two big ass dogs, a half wolf and a rottweiler... and Smoke was the alpha male among them. Fuckin' Smoke. SMOKE!!

7. I want a cat...

8. Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

9. I'd have a cat, but my dad hates cats with a passion.

10. AstroBlue's pic is awesome. Is that a Maine Coon? I used to have one, I would love another but I live with roommates that are allergic to the species.