Thread: Lord Of the Rings The Two Towers Name Change?

Lord Of the Rings The Two Towers Name Change?

I Read something interesting today in my local paper about a online/written petiton to change the name of the upcoming Lord Of the Rings Film. The name The Two Towers is insensitive in wake of the 9/11 tradgedy. I guess they have over 3000 name so far.

IMO I hope they don't change the name cause really I feel the the Movie and 9/11 are vastly different.

What do you guys think?

Korian

The oversensitivity over 9/11 has been pissing me off for quite some time now. Guess what America? It's not going to get better if we just pretend it never existed!

Speaking of which, somebody actually showed me a little "trick" or whatever you'd want to call it today where the folded over a 20 dollar bill a couple of times over and he says to me "Look it's the twin towers on fire! And on this side is the Pentagon on fire!" I didn't see shit. People piss me off.

3. Just what is so goddamn insensitive about calling a movie "The Two Towers"?

Anyway, this petition is BS. The LOTR people have no plans to change the name. And besides, when has an online petition ever accomplished anything?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. That would be stupid,the book was named that more than 20 ago.It isn't as if the name was decided last week.

Speaking of oversensibility,that never stoped Hollywood to make movie on real tragedy;Titanic,the survivor(the film with people eating there dead to survive),Pear Harbor(yerk),the schindler list and every others movies based on wars and the holocaust.

I bet that in 10 years they will make a movie about the 9/11 and there will be a sappy love story in it.Mark my words!

5. I bet that in 10 years they will make a movie about the 9/11 and there will be a sappy love story in it.Mark my words!
    Sad but true.

That petitions's even more sad though. Half those dipsticks actually think Peter Jackson decided on the title "The Two Towers" recently, as a direct reference to 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Yeah, the over sensity is also beginning to annoy me. Some of the families of the deceased want all of the 16 acres World Trade Center plot to be turned into a memorial, which is totally ridiculous considering the price of the land and how badly the space is needed. I think they should rebuild exactly the same, with a small memorial, of course that will never happen. Also, editing the WTC scene out of Spiderman was stupid, like the Holocaust the event needs to be remembered, not forgotten. Changing names, places or art won't change reality. Remember it, work to prevent it and hopefully it will never happen again.