Page 1 of 17 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Generation magazine returning.

1. Next Generation magazine returning.

http://www.next-gen.biz/

Nice. Next-Gen still stands as probably the best example of good journalism in a videogame magazine, at least in the US, imo.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Looks like it's a website only. Did you see where it says anything about a magazine, because that'd rock.

Welp:
    Future Network USA has no current plans to launch a print version of Next Generation. The company currently publishes the following market-leading games publications in the USA: Official Xbox Magazine, PC Gamer and PSM: 100% Independent PlayStation 2 Magazine.
    Drats, but this could still be cool.

3. Good news, mostly.

I still remember the "Next Gen is anti-Sega" controversy. They then put out a special Saturn issue to quell the outcry.

4. This will be good news if they can get the original mag's feel back.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. original feel from about the first 30 some odd issues i think...
    maybe less even. started going down hill after that...

6. It was the best game mag, bar none.

Better than Gamefan.

7. They at least need someone who knows how to do a review. NG has a rep for degrading anything that isn't state-of-the-art graphically.

Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    It was the best game mag, bar none.

Better than Gamefan.
    Sir could you please turn your controllers in.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

8. Their reviews were horrible. The mag's best aspect were the articles. Gamefan had and always probably will have the best reviews, ie...artwork, layout.
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

9. My favorite part of Next-Gen was the interviews.

10. They're still some of the best gaming interviews done. A website with those kind of hard-hitting interviews would raise the bar for website interviews, which are currently horrid.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan