Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade TV movie and series in the works

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    Damn it, Blade II kicked ass.
    Yeah I really liked Blade II as well.

I might get Trinity to at least complete it or something. As for the series, it really won't help the franchise at all especially without Wesley as Blade.

It's gonna flat out suck so why even bother?

2. I think they mean b-level action adventure tv.

Something akin to Hercules and V.I.P.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. Quote Originally Posted by Revoltor
    I think they mean b-level action adventure tv.

Something akin to Hercules and V.I.P.
    Pretty much.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog
    Weren't they after spooky artifacts or something? Like a scavenger-hunt themed Outer Limits or Twilight Zone kinda thing?
    Yup. Basically, it was about this guy who ran an antique shop that sold evil, cursed items. He died and his niece and nephew inherited the shop, and they spend the entire series hunting down and retrieving the items (things like cursed cameras, etc.). The show was fairly creepy and the chick playing the niece was a cutie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Wait... did he really? I never heard that.....
    Yup.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17035
    Recently, I had an opportunity to talk to someone close to the production about this movie, and I got an earful. This movie’s generated a fair amount of tabloid fodder (and, yes, the reports of Snipes attacking and choking his director onset are true, as are the reports of said director showing up with giant biker bodyguards for the rest of the shoot)

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Woah, thanks for the link.Thats pretty crazy. I dont care if the movie did suck hardcore, thats kind of juvenile and 'big bully' like behavior for Wes to put the guy in a headlock like that.

One other thing your link reminded me of. Goyer wrote the new Batman movie I'd be lying if I said I wasnt now worried about how that film turns out....

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    Woah, thanks for the link.Thats pretty crazy. I dont care if the movie did suck hardcore, thats kind of juvenile and 'big bully' like behavior for Wes to put the guy in a headlock like that.
    Goyer deserved at LEAST that for how bad he fucked up Trinity.

One other thing your link reminded me of. Goyer wrote the new Batman movie I'd be lying if I said I wasnt now worried about how that film turns out....
    Goyer's a good writer when he has a good director (read: NOT HIM) to filter his script through. A director who knows what works on-screen and what doesn't. Listen to Del Toro's commentary on the Blade 2 DVD and you'll hear how much he tried to change from Goyer's script.

Trinity sucked because Goyer has no idea how to direct an action movie and had no one telling him his script wasn't working. So my man Wesley took matters into his own hands and choked the bitch.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Goyer deserved at LEAST that for how bad he fucked up Trinity.
    Yep.

Goyer's a good writer when he has a good director (read: NOT HIM) to filter his script through. A director who knows what works on-screen and what doesn't. Listen to Del Toro's commentary on the Blade 2 DVD and you'll hear how much he tried to change from Goyer's script.
    Exactly, a director has to work with the writer and combine both their visions and share what works and doesn't work. I think it's a big mistake to let a writer direct if it's his or her first time making a big movie although other famous directors I'm sure prove me wrong.

I hear Goyer will write and direct The Flash so I'm pretty worried about that, you'd think WB would see how Trinity did and not give him that much leeway unless they were totally impressed with him based on his Batman work only.

Trinity sucked because Goyer has no idea how to direct an action movie and had no one telling him his script wasn't working. So my man Wesley took matters into his own hands and choked the bitch.

Reminds me of the Wayne Brady stuff on Chapelle show.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    thats kind of juvenile and 'big bully' like behavior for Wes to put the guy in a headlock like that.
    Headlocks work great when you combo them with a monster noogie.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

9. I was going to create another thread for it, but I doubt its worth it. Apparently, ABC is going to have a TV show airing this Fall called Kolchak, the Nightstalker (based off old tv show?).It sounds a bit like an X-Files rip-off from the write-up:

http://www.horrorchannel.com/dread/m...ticle&sid=1688

http://abc.go.com/primetime/schedule...htstalker.html

So I guess this means that the Blade based Nightstalker show on Spike was a bust? YAY!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    It's been years since I've seen it, but it actually wasn't a bad show from what I remember. But it was stupid to call it Friday the 13th if it had no connection to the movies at all.
    Your memory is hazy. The show SUCKED. It was a rag-tag team of psychologists that had a "little shop of horrors" - haunted artifacts and shit all museum'd up, and every episode was them going to get some other evil trinket or getting one back that was stolen from the macabre museum.

and re: blade tv series/movie-

whoever gets cast in the role, tell Gary the Rat I said 'sup
    Last edited by cka; 26 May 2005 at 05:00 PM.