Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade TV movie and series in the works

1. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    Your memory is hazy. The show SUCKED. It was a rag-tag team of psychologists that had a "little shop of horrors" - haunted artifacts and shit all museum'd up, and every episode was them going to get some other evil trinket or getting one back that was stolen from the macabre museum.
    Thanks for recapping what I already recapped up above. Reading the same thing over and over can be fun!

And I liked the show back then, anyway. I'm not sure what I'd think if I saw it nowadays with my current mindset, but I think it'd still be cool. With the way DVD is now I'm sure it'll turn up sooner or later. If so, I'll give it a rent and see.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Have you heard anything about the nightmare series yet?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

3. Other than that there's going to be one? Nope.

I think it's supposed to be like the old show where Freddy hosts Tales From The Crypt-like stories.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Other than that there's going to be one? Nope.
    I'm gonna die of a broken heart.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

5. Commercials for the Blade TV series have started airing on Spike TV. Blade's being played by Kirk 'Sticky' Jones, a guy I've never heard of. Unlike Wesley Snipes, Kirk Jones is bald, but that doesn't really matter. Instead of hiring a lame Snipes impersonator, they went the James Bond route and hired someone who'll keep the character's trademarks, but bring something of their own to the part as well. I think it'll work better in the long run.

They just showed a few snippets, but so far the show looks pretty cool. Blade still has his black muscle car, the sunglasses, the leather trench. I couldn't find any pics from the show online, but here's a shot of Jones:

Last edited by Dolemite; 12 Dec 2005 at 05:53 PM.

6. I like the Blade mythos, this could be cool.

7. Let's put it this way: there's no way the TV show could be worse than Blade: Trinity was. Nothing could.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Let's put it this way: there's no way the TV show could be worse than Blade: Trinity was. Nothing could.
    I really do believe this news. Any word on who's doing the series, directing and writing wise? I mean have they worked on any thing else notable?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    I really do believe this news. Any word on who's doing the series, directing and writing wise? I mean have they worked on any thing else notable?
    Your answers...
    Quote Originally Posted by comicbookmovie.com
    Kirk 'Sticky' Jones Confirmed as Blade

The actor/rapper has officially signed on to play Blade in a forthcoming TV pilot and possible series which begins production Nov. 14th.

CBM first reported on the rumors of 'Sticky Fingaz' being selected for the part earlier this week. Now according to Variety, Spike TV has cast Kirk "Sticky" Jones to star in the cable channel's premiere original television effort "Blade."

Jones, formerly of rap group "Onyx" starred beside fellow actors Dennis Quaid and Tyrese Gibson in last year's "Flight of the Phoenix". He can now be seen in the FX network television series currently airing titled "Over There".

Feature scribe David Goyer ("Batman Begins," the "Blade" trilogy) is exec producing the "Blade" series and co-writing the script with the comic's author Geoff Johns. New Line Television is producing.

Spike committed to the project earlier this year and production is set to begin Nov. 14 in Vancouver. Should "Blade" get a series pickup, Spike execs are eyeing a June 2006 premiere.

Jill Wagner, Neil Jackson, Nelson Lee and Jessica Gower have also joined the cast. Peter O'Fallon will direct.

Marvel's Avi Arad and New Line's Jim Rosenthal and Jon Kroll also will exec produce. Bill McGoldrick and Lisa Ullmann will oversee for Spike.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 12 Dec 2005 at 05:58 PM.

10. Geoff Johns? Awesome. David Goyer is the wild card. Whatever he contributes could really make this go either way.