Page 15 of 506 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox 360 Thread.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease
    By the way, I'm glad that you can play Xbox 1 games LIVE on 360, but boo hiss on sticking with the optional hard drive. If you don't make a feature standard, developers will be less inclined to use it. Microsoft will probably learn this hard way and pack-in the hard drive unit as standard about a year after 360 launches.
    if the rumors of an installed Halo 2.5 are true, the HDD will pretty much sell at a "standard" rate.

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    No, the receiver will be built into the 360. You will just need the USB receiver to plug it into the comp.
    That makes sense.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

crafty bastards.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. My opinion: The HD model will probably ship in a 70:30 or 80:20 ratio to the non-HD model. Thus spurring adoption of the HD model and still appeasing those without $300~400 to blow on a new console by offering a lower cost non-HD model, just in limited quantities.

Anyone here an expert on Bluetooth? I know BT technology tends to make gadgets more expensive, but I don't know if a single Bluetooth receiver could handle multiple peripherals. If it could, I'd wonder if MS was looking to use BT for it's wireless devices.

5. Yes, it can.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    if the rumors of an installed Halo 2.5 are true, the HDD will pretty much sell at a "standard" rate.
    You're god damn right.

Really though, if you're going to buy a 360 without a hard drive you might as well not buy it at all. You just missed out on patches, downloadable content, endless save data, custom soundtracks and all the other things that made the Xbox good. Yes MS sucks for making it "optional" and using it to gain more profit, but I know, they know and you all know that everyone who buys a 360 is going to get the HD.

7. But if the memory cards start @ 64MB, you'll be able to access some DLC. Just not much. Depends on how much room the DLC takes up. It would only hold one of the new H2 maps (all around 40~50MB a piece), but there's the option. Still sucks they're splitting the base.

8. Yeah but I mean imagine when Halo 3 comes out and then 9 new maps come out for that and only one fits on a card and you can only hold two cards at a time. Then you still need game saves for your games. It just wouldn't be cost effective to buy as many memory cards as you would need.

9. Hate to rain on the parade, but general concensus is that the survey that supposedly confirms BC is a fake.

Not that I'm not expecting what it conveys to end up being what actually happens.
    Really though, if you're going to buy a 360 without a hard drive you might as well not buy it at all. You just missed out on patches, downloadable content, endless save data, custom soundtracks and all the other things that made the Xbox good. Yes MS sucks for making it "optional" and using it to gain more profit, but I know, they know and you all know that everyone who buys a 360 is going to get the HD.
    Bull. Less than 20% of Xbox owners have live. There will be an increase in that stat on 360, but it's still not going to go anywhere near 50% userbase penetration. I think MS is extremely smart to make it an optional thing, putting in the same HD for everyone when far less than half of the owners actually took any sort of advantage of it killed Xbox's profitability and it would do the same for 360.

While it looks great to buy steak dinners for everyone, if it turns out most of them would have been perfectly satisfied with salads, that's a lot of wasted money.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 27 Apr 2005 at 12:33 PM.

10. Yeah but you're assuming that people will actually buy the HD. The hardcore will. If the system is 300 and the HD is 100 though, I don't see it happening for a while. Ahlo 2.5 or no Halo 2.5