Page 17 of 506 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox 360 Thread.

1. We can only pray.

2. People will buy the thing if they feel like they need it. The reason why stupid add-ons like the E-Reader, Super Scope 6, Activator, whatever, never caught on is because the games were crappy and the publishers ignored them too. But what about add-ons like the Dual Shock, N64 Memory Pack, memory cards (early CD systems had built in memory), Controller S, Dance Pads, and so forth? Good products utilized them and people bought them. I know all that shit is cheaper than this HD would be but I really dont think it matters in the end.

Hey, Tin Star was great.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    The Market Place, to me atleast, sounds like a place where you can buy a lot of things, for a lot of games. The idea sounds like you would be picking up maps, patches, and tons of other things in a large enough quantity that you would never be able to use just a Mem Card to hold it all. But again, that's just my view on the topic, and obviosuly none of us have any answer.

But, the more I think about it, the more I realise that it wouldn't be suprising at all if in the end MS just made the HD standard.
    I'm hopping that MS makes the HD standard, as long as it doesn't push the price over $300. The HD is helpful in that you can save a lot of stuff onto it, not to mention it will make B/C easier. If the HD isn't the standard, i'm worries that it will never get used to its full potential.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Hate to rain on the parade, but general concensus is that the survey that supposedly confirms BC is a fake.
    but isnt the survey available through live? how could it be fake then?

Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan
    I'm hopping that MS makes the HD standard, as long as it doesn't push the price over $300. The HD is helpful in that you can save a lot of stuff onto it, not to mention it will make B/C easier. If the HD isn't the standard, i'm worries that it will never get used to its full potential.
    im thinking a relitively cheap(er) stand alone unit, with the system+hdd being around a "normal" price for a system.

6. The ONLY benefit of Microsoft possibly splitting the 360 base with the non-Hard Drive and Hard Drive units is that it will force developers to program their games so that game saves can be saved to either memory card or hard drive. Yay, back-ups!
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

7. Quote Originally Posted by DMD
    but isnt the survey available through live? how could it be fake then?
    No Live user has ever confirmed seeing it, to my knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease
    The ONLY benefit of Microsoft possibly splitting the 360 base with the non-Hard Drive and Hard Drive units is that it will force developers to program their games so that game saves can be saved to either memory card or hard drive. Yay, back-ups!
    Yeah, exactly. If your 360 craps out, you're not up shit creek like you were if your Xbox died.

And no, that's not the "ONLY" benefit. As I stated earlier, MS will no longer be forced to pay for an expensive component to be put in the consoles of the people that aren't going to even use the features that take any use of it. Which is still going to be the majority of people buying the system.

Don't worry, the unit itself will have plenty of memory for the actual games to run without the HD add-on, barring maybe a MMO or something.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    No Live user has ever confirmed seeing it, to my knowledge.
    I've taken Live surveys in the past that no one else has mentioned, so it's still possible. Last time I took one was before they raised the price for an XBL subscription though (since that was what the survey was about). In any case, in just over 2 weeks, we'll know the dealyo. Although, possibly sooner, if any more leaks happen. Part of me is expecting the MTV special to hit the Bittorent sites before it airs at this point.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Wolffen
    I've taken Live surveys in the past that no one else has mentioned, so it's still possible.
    I've been following a thread over on gaming-age about it, a forum that has 500+ people browsing at any given time, and no one can confirm it. I'm pretty sure ONE person over there would have stumbled onto it if it existed.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    I've been following a thread over on gaming-age about it, a forum that has 500+ people browsing at any given time, and no one can confirm it. I'm pretty sure ONE person over there would have stumbled onto it if it existed.
    Are you sure? Before I left for work this morning, someone on GAF had supposedly found the link and posted it, it was question 10 that asked the question....