Page 29 of 506 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox 360 Thread.

1. Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    No wonder. Why would you have your index finger curled to hit the B button? That just sounds like the most uncomfortable way to use the Xbox controller ever. It also would SEVERELY decrease your accuracy in a game like Halo, at least from my experience trying to play Halo like that just now.
    Why? So I don't have to stop aiming when I jump, melee, reload, or switch weapons. Doesn't affect my accuracy at all, but it sure is uncomfortable.

You pretty much have to play DOOM 3 like that to constantly switch between guns and the flashlight. I figured everyone does this :/

2. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    Why? So I don't have to stop aiming when I jump, melee, reload, or switch weapons. Doesn't affect my accuracy at all, but it sure is uncomfortable.
    I still doubt that because the movement of your index finger also causes your thumb to move also, which in turn would completely decrease your accuracy. You obviously know better than I would, but I still doubt that it doesn't effect your accuracy at all.

Next time I play I'm going to try out your method of control just to see how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. I still hate the name but I'm coming around on the console's design. That latest picture with it displayed along with the controller and camera changed my mind a bit. It really doesn't look that bad.

Still can't believe it's already next-gen time though. Seems like yesterday I picked up the Xbox.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Giga Power
    I still hate the name but I'm coming around on the console's design. That latest picture with it displayed along with the controller and camera changed my mind a bit. It really doesn't look that bad.

Still can't believe it's already next-gen time though. Seems like yesterday I picked up the Xbox.
    Seems like I just picked mine up today as well...oh wait, I did just pick mine up today.

That new pic looks pretty nice. I guess it's safe to say that is the next gen xbox, unless it is one crazy attempt to throw us through a loop come the MTv unveiling.

5. that is a generic looking console blah
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. I dont like the design. It looks like it should belong in a kitchen, not in my entertainment center. I swear my mom has a juicer that looks just like that thing....and that controller...meh....for some reason I was expecting more....

7. Quote Originally Posted by piku
    Controller looks awful though.

I love the white color, the system looks very cool, the design is a major improvement over the current ugly xbox.

The controller is not great but not bad either, again better than the current xbox controller which is too fat. the 360 controller looks like it’s made by Logitech, atleast that’s what’s how one of logitech’s xbox controllers looks like.

And last I’m glad the memory cards are staying in the system and not the controller.

EDIT: one more thing, THANK GOD THAT UGLY GREEN IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMyk

i take it those slots at the bottom of the controller(in the close up) are for the live headset.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    How are we supposed to play old games that use those buttons?

i didnt know it was backward compatible!

8. Quote Originally Posted by marwan
    i take it those slots at the bottom of the controller(in the close up) are for the live headset.
    Actually, someone on GAF noticed that it looks just like the USB cable to connect a Rio to a PC. Maybe it's to convert the joystick to USB for use on a PC?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    whats with the windows button on the bottiom of the remote?
    xbox 360 + HDD + windows button on remote = MS trying to shove Windows Media Center down your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffen
    Actually, someone on GAF noticed that it looks just like the USB cable to connect a Rio to a PC. Maybe it's to convert the joystick to USB for use on a PC?

things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmmm..."

10. - The button on the center of the controller selects which wireless channel you want to use.

- And yes, that USB connector pic above is most likely to be used when recharging the battery in the controller.

- Microsoft has said that this controller would be usable with Longhorn, so that connector would definitely do the trick to connect it to the PC.

Going by the pic, it looks pretty blah. I don't mind it, though. It looks like the kind of console design that will grow on you. But, it's all about the games, so show me the damn games already!!