Page 3 of 506 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox 360 Thread.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    This design does look cheep at tacky.
    Agreed.

If it looked something like a Mac that would be awesome.
    o_O

2. one controller port?

3. Probably wireless.
    o_O

4. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    I don't think that is what is being said here.

Like Apple or not (not you directly, people in general), most people will at least agree that they make some pretty nicely designed computers. Their designs are simple, and can live perfectly with other AV devices, without having to be purple or stand out.

The problem with this design is that it looks like they were trying VERY HARD to make something stylish, but didn't accomplish it. Instead of looking simple, but nice, it looks rather boring. To me, this looks like a cheapy DVD player that you would buy at Wal-mart. That big power button, for example, looks horribly out of place.

As of now, I don't think that this is going to be the final design. I think that Microsoft would put more effort into the design of the Xbox 2, after the beating they took over the design of the original.

Of course, I think a lot of the design of Microsoft's hardware products have been piss poor, so I guess it is totally possible that this could be the real deal. (Hopefully they learned something from their Optical Mouse by Starck, though.)
    i agree. especially after the last colony shot of a supposed piece of the exterior of the system (which resembled a g5 mac grill). i dont see any of that influence on this design. xboxscene has a large hi-res pic of this same picture on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer
    Probably wireless.
    look at the larger hi-res shot at xboxscene. its most definately the same xbox style usb "hole".

5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    This design does look cheep at tacky.
    Compared to these?

I think it's a big step up compared to those.

6. Minus the green 'jewel" I actually like the Xboxes design.
    o_O

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    look at the larger hi-res shot at xboxscene. its most definately the same xbox style usb "hole".
    Hi-Res

Some people over at GAF have been proposing the idea that the thing at the bottom of that pic is a door that opens to reveal the controller ports. MS would be fools to go from 4 controller ports to 1.

8. Controllers will be wireless. They've gotta be. If that dark port near the memory units is indeed a controller port, then my bet would be it would be for charging your controller when not in use.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. LAWL.
    Time for a change

10. prototype X-Box 359: