Page 7 of 506 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox 360 Thread.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    reminds me of a lot of the posters here who refused to get xbox's because they were "too big and ungly"
    The reason I didn't buy an Xbox at launch wasn't because of the console, it was because of the controller. Now that thing was "too big and ungly".
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    exactly what i was going to say. reminds me of a lot of the posters here who refused to get xbox's because they were "too big and ungly". then the mods come out and people were all over them. all the sudden it was "cool" to have one.
    It still is too big. This hasn't changed. Keeping my Xbox on my desk in a dorm is terrible, it's too fucking big and you can't keep anything on top of it because of that damn curve. At least if the new one is concave, things will slide to the middle instead of falling off. I can live with that. Well, by then I'll be living in a real apartment so it won't matter much, anyway.

The only thing that made me want an Xbox was MS continually sweetening the deal. Price drops, Controller S packed in, and JSRF for free got me. A bunch of us eventually caved and got them, and playing 8-12 player Halo with my friends improved my opinion of the console substantially. The kicker was when I finally was able to get broadband and could play on XBL.

Yes, I love the console itself, but that doesn't mean it's not too big and that I like that stupid curve on top any less. I do think this design is much more attractive than the current one, assuming it is real.

Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    The reason I didn't buy an Xbox at launch wasn't because of the console, it was because of the controller. Now that thing was "too big and ungly".
    Heh, same. Like I said, I didn't buy it until Controller S was packed in. I first tried the regular controller at a kiosk before the launch and I found it to be horribly uncomfortable, and that held true playing games with it, too. I still know people who swear by it and never want to use anything else, to the point where they'll bring it over because they don't want to use anyone else's S. Weird.

3. I can't play Halo on an S. I need a fatty. And I have 2 Fattys, never getting rid of them.
    o_O

4. Keeping my Xbox on my desk in a dorm is terrible, it's too fucking big and you can't keep anything on top of it because of that damn curve.
    My PS2 is on top of my Xbox right as we speak, and my Dreamcast is on top of my PS2, and a bunch of papers are on top of my Dreamcast.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tracer
    I can't play Halo on an S. I need a fatty. And I have 2 Fattys, never getting rid of them.
    You should change your name to "Weird opinion having guy".

6. That's a fire hazard.
    Time for a change

7. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    My PS2 is on top of my Xbox right as we speak, and my Dreamcast is on top of my PS2, and a bunch of papers are on top of my Dreamcast.
    And this is stable while they all run? I demand photographs. Your balancing skills are superior. The PS2 always starts sliding in one direction and I'm afraid it'll slide off while it's running, which probably wouldn't be wonderful for it. Maybe the key is putting more weight on top.

I have no idea why I'm thinking about this so much.

8. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx

The Saturn fits remarkably well on the Xbox. Try it.... you know. Just to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    You should change your name to "Weird opinion having guy".
    Ok, mister I judge peoples opinions. The fat controller isn't best for somethings (most things) but it is fantastic for Halo.
    o_O

9. This whole court is out of order.
    Time for a change

10. Looks fine to me, and I don't know what the hell kind of revolutionary design you were all waiting for. Sometimes something simple is the best way to go. The Xbox wasn't that much of a design marvel to begin with and it looks fine.
    Last edited by Rocca; 23 Apr 2005 at 01:03 PM.