Page 9 of 506 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Xbox 360 Thread.

1. This is just a small thought, but is there a "standard" way for CD drives to work when in a vertical position? Everything I've always seen, if it is in a vertical position and it is a tray vs. slot loading, you put the CD/DVD into the tray from the left. If this is indeed the final design, when it stands vertically, you would put the CD in from the right.

No, I'm not bitching about this - it was just an observation. It doesn't really matter, but it seems to go against the "normal" way of doing things. (At least from everything I've seen.)
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    This is just a small thought, but is there a "standard" way for CD drives to work when in a vertical position? Everything I've always seen, if it is in a vertical position and it is a tray vs. slot loading, you put the CD/DVD into the tray from the left. If this is indeed the final design, when it stands vertically, you would put the CD in from the right.

No, I'm not bitching about this - it was just an observation. It doesn't really matter, but it seems to go against the "normal" way of doing things. (At least from everything I've seen.)
    My PS2 is put up vertically, and I'm always afraid that one night I'll be too tired and mal-insert the disc and it'll snap on the way in.

3. Supposedly this is a shot of "XBOX 360's" opening sequence.

Yeah. . .

4. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    My PS2 is on top of my Xbox right as we speak, and my Dreamcast is on top of my PS2, and a bunch of papers are on top of my Dreamcast.
    The word I would use to best describe that is precarious.

I have an unmodded xbox sitting on top of my modded one, and during any extended session of play, the top one will come crashing down to the floor (luckily only a fall the length of the bottom xbox + a couple of inches)..

I believe it's because the insecure position allows small vibrations to slowly move it.

This usually doesn't affect gameplay because it isn't loading anything at that moment.

*edit*
    oh, and I love the new xbox's design.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

5. This shot is pure photoshop. The big power button is just tacked on. It doesn't blend in with the rest of the machine. It somebody's take on the machine based on the ourcolony teasers. Shidoshi's post confirms this as well as the add-on HDD would then be on the bottom with the weight of the system on top of it, not necessarily a good idea.

IMO yes, this does look like a Apex xbox.

edit** I believe the power button is off of the ibook. I knew that damn button had apple written all over it.
    Last edited by Mr_B; 24 Apr 2005 at 01:27 AM.
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tracer
    I can't play Halo on an S. I need a fatty. And I have 2 Fattys, never getting rid of them.
    Same, though I sadly don't have a fatty anymore. I can get by with an S, but the original controller really worked better for console FPS's, Halo in particular, at least imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    You should change your name to "Weird opinion having guy".
    Considering Tracer and I are both what I would consider good at Halo, and that many, many of the best players of both games in the series prefer the original fatty, I would change "weird opinion having guy" to "enlightened, free thinking intellectual of the highest magnitude, who has perhaps a grasp on the physiological makeup of videogaming that lesser beings simply cannot comprehend, guy." But, I guess 'weird' kind of works, too.

Quote Originally Posted by U K Narayan
    http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/4/xbox360/logo_mtv_globe.jpg

Supposedly this is a shot of "XBOX 360's" opening sequence.

Yeah. . .
    That's pretty cool. Fits with the MTV teaser's presentation, too. And of course MS's theme of Xbox Live, connecting people around the world, world domination, and all that.
    Last edited by Andy; 24 Apr 2005 at 01:52 AM.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mr_B
    This shot is pure photoshop. The big power button is just tacked on. It doesn't blend in with the rest of the machine. It somebody's take on the machine based on the ourcolony teasers. Shidoshi's post confirms this as well as the add-on HDD would then be on the bottom with the weight of the system on top of it, not necessarily a good idea.
    Are you retarded or blind? Or both? The original higher res picture was in a vertical orientation and the hard drive is on top. The power button faces so the hard drive is on top. The eject button logo? Yeah, facing as if the hard drive is on top.

For someone who has made such damning comments about the image, you obviously didn't spend very much time looking at it.

Oh, and furthermore, the design looks nothing like something Apple would do, but I guess white/silver, slick-looking consumer electronics = Apple-esque! Okay. You can see that power button at ourcolony.net... not on an iBook. I wonder if you actually read threads, or, y'know, think before posting in them.
    Last edited by Grave; 24 Apr 2005 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocca
    My PS2 is put up vertically, and I'm always afraid that one night I'll be too tired and mal-insert the disc and it'll snap on the way in.
    That girl in yellow in your sig has TERRIFIC breasts.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. That's not a girl.

Step away from the keyboard.

Oh...oh god...
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.