Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Impress: Iwata hampering online accessibility?

1. Soon, NOA will debunk what Iwata just said...

It wouldn't be the first time.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    There's a poll at nintendo.com. A lot of the questions ask you if you'd want to play with "People you've never met, people you've met over the internet, people you know in real life."

Get your butts over there and check every box. They seem to care about their surveys.
    Waitaminnit, I can't find this poll so far. Just the "which DS game are you most looking forward to."

3. I recieved the poll in an email.
    As for this "Only play online with people you know in real life" crap, just wow.
    If this [i]is[/is] true then Nintendo really finds every possible way to fuck up anything that could be completely awesome. Here's hoping it's not true and is a lot like Xbox Live because I really want a good online Smash Bros.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque
    Haven't you guys figured it out yet?

He is purposely trying to destroy the company.
    Yep and at the end, he is going to pull the mask off scooby-doo style and we find out he was really Ken Kutaragi.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

5. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat
    Yep and at the end, he is going to pull the mask off scooby-doo style and we find out he was really Ken Kutaragi.
    I WOURD HAVE GORTTEN-U AWAY WITH IT-U, TOO, IF IT-U WASN'T FOR YOU CRAZY AMERICANS!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    I think it means that they're going to give parents the option to lock out online play for their children, so they can only play people from a buddy list.
    That's actually a good idea. I just hope Nintendo finally wakes up and realizes that consoles are actually online now. WiFi DS games with someone next to you is fun, but looks very dated next to Live. Heck, it already looks dated next to the PSP, and that's not even 3 months old.

I'll try and find the link...I think I got it off of EvilAvatar yesterday. The poll was definitely scary.

http://www.nintendo.com/user_survey/online.jsp?entry=1

That was the link, but the poll is closed now. Oh well.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. Well let's hope most voted for playing with people ya don't know since, heh that kind of is the WHOLE POINT of people wanting to play online. grrrr I'm in a bad mood tonight at work.

I'll play devil's advocate and say Nintendo is not that stupid and it's just a buddy/parental control list option.

Y'know, the idea of making it so that parents have to decide who their kids can play online with is a pretty good one though. I've dealt with several children on Live that should be banished from the internet forever.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

10. Even if it's just a buddy list/parental control function, with so many clueless and utterly worthless parents out there what do think the actual percentage of those who actually use this feature will be?