Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Impress: Iwata hampering online accessibility?

1. Game Impress: Iwata hampering online accessibility?

OK, just read on this IGNDS story about Square "praising" (yawn) Iwata's online plans that:

<snip> One area that Wada seems to be impressed with is a particularly controversial side of Nintendo's Online plan. In his comments posted at Impress Game Watch yesterday, Iwata states that Nintendo is going through with the idea of letting players connect only to players whom they've met in real life.
    http://ds.ign.com/articles/611/611914p1.html

Craig also adds, that it's "reported" Animal Crossing will allow players to connect to people they have never met. We can only hope. Let's hope this is just a mistranslation or stupid musing of Iwata's that never comes to fruition. But ya never know, gotta protect the Pokemon babies and their parents from getting offended by strangers.

2. LOL. Nintendo always somehow finds a way to steal defeat from the jaws of victory. If this goes through, then Nintendo loses.

Forever.

3. I think it means that they're going to give parents the option to lock out online play for their children, so they can only play people from a buddy list.

4. Thats the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. I hope Nintendo does decide to go that route with their online plans. It would be hilarious to see them get their ass kicked by Microsoft and Sony again. They wouldnt even be able to hope to be distant 3rd this time around.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    I think it means that they're going to give parents the option to lock out online play for their children, so they can only play people from a buddy list.
    Hopefully. That makes more sense.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 12 May 2005 at 04:47 PM.

6. I always thought Iwata was a problem ever since he started running the company.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

There's a poll at nintendo.com. A lot of the questions ask you if you'd want to play with "People you've never met, people you've met over the internet, people you know in real life."

Get your butts over there and check every box. They seem to care about their surveys.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. Haven't you guys figured it out yet?

He is purposely trying to destroy the company.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    There's a poll at nintendo.com. A lot of the questions ask you if you'd want to play with "People you've never met, people you've met over the internet, people you know in real life."

Get your butts over there and check every box. They seem to care about their surveys.
    This man speaks the truth, go there now and vote for people you have never met.

lol I have to vote in order to play Nintendo online with strangers, only Nintendo and Iwata could be so clueless. EDIT: Oh well, at least I have a tiny say of some kind.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 12 May 2005 at 05:25 PM.

10. I'd vote to have Iwata removed, but you won't see a poll like that on their site in this lifetime.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"