Thread: Evidence: The Last Ritual

PC Evidence: The Last Ritual

The sequel to Missing: Since January/In Memoriam should be in stores now. Anyone pick it up?

Previews make it sound pretty similar to Missing(very puzzle oriented and involving using the internet for clues). I enjoyed the first game so if this is as good, I'll buy it.

2. Yeah, I'm definately going to get it. I don't know if we talked about this before, but did you get to play the 7th Victim expansion?
    Time for a change

You mean, the 13th Victim, included in the GOTY edition? No, I still just have the original.

4. Yeah 13th, sorry.

I've still only got the regular edition to. I've been thinking about just picking up the GOTY edition and Evidence and then just play through it all on a weekend.
    Time for a change

5. I am all over Evidence: The Last Ritual.

I am actually playing the 13th Victim right now. Good luck finding a GOTY copy however, doesn't see anybody carries it anymore. I had to order mine copy of the 13th Victim from Adventure Game Company directly (only $9.99). If you end up going that route, you will probably want to upgrade from the standard shipping as the game shipped out of Canada (didn't know that prior to ordering). Standard shipping took 3 weeks. I planned on having the 13 victim completed prior to Evidence, but as I only got it last week, that didn't happen.
    I don't think you could finish the 13th victim on a weekend without a walkthru. The 13 victim has instances where you NEED info from emails and the emails come much slower than in the original.
    From what I have played of the 13th Victim it seems much more difficult, but puzzle wise, not as good. The storeline is a bit different as it seems to revolve around a girl that The Phoenix has been obsesively in love with from a distance(?) since childhood (not really a spoiler as this much is gathered in the first few minutes of the game.

6. I'm one of the few people who actually own In Memoriam. I thought the idea of taking the game outside to the real world was pretty elite. Most of the websites they regged are down now btw.

7. Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    I'm one of the few people who actually own In Memoriam. I thought the idea of taking the game outside to the real world was pretty elite. Most of the websites they regged are down now btw.
    all the American sites seem to be still up. I played thru Missing again a few weeks ago. You do need to install the update patch to continue to recieve emails.

8. Picked up Evidence last week and have been enjoying it even more than the original.

For starters the packaging is awsome:

The DVD case comes in a label sealed bag.

Evidence is much more erie than the first (Missing was creepy at first, but after played it awhile, it's creepy-like novelty wore off). The production value is much higher than in the first and the email system seems to be more involved and works much better. The game also gives clues when you get stuck (as opposed to only thru email).

Regarding the 13th victim expansion. Unless you must, just skip it. It not up to the level of the original Missing (puzzles are way too over the top) and the storyline is meh at best. It doesn't really added to the main storyline. Even though 13 victim takes place between Missing and Evidence, it's more of a side story, as Evidence pick up on the storyline from Missing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ev.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	21496  

9. That packaging is awesome.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.