Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2D Metroid for DS

1. WTF? Twilight Princess
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    I'm sure it does, but five animated gifs don't.
    My bad. I assumed that in 2005 most everyone on this board basks in the glory that is broadband internet. My dad used to have some really stupid saying about "assuming," so I went ahead an un-animated my sig.
    "You can't run forever, Jack. Not from death, not from your shadow, and not from Ron Silver."

3. Quote Originally Posted by digita1alchemy
    My bad. I assumed that in 2005 most everyone on this board basks in the glory that is broadband internet. My dad used to have some really stupid saying about "assuming," so I went ahead an un-animated my sig.
    Awesome, thanks.
    It's not that I don't have broadband internet...
    My computer is terrible. 96 megs of RAM. Runs like a quadriplegic in a field of thumbtacks.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue
    WTF? Twilight Princess
    I actually like the name, if only because it makes me think we're going to get to play as Zelda for a good portion of the game. It's the one thing that could save the game from being a rehash.

5. BIG MANLY LINK WITH REALISTIC GRAPHICS THE SNOOTY NERDS WANT...

...and they name it "Twilight Princess"? What the bloody lobster fuck?

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Except for Metroid 2, which sucked, and Metroid Fusion, which a 3 year old could beat with their eyes closed.
    Fusion was reasonably difficult, it was just linear and easy to figure out where to go. The bosses were as tough as ever.

There is no way Fusion is harder than Metroid 2.

And Metroid 2 was really good back then, suck it. I guess since I have a DS, and it's the only thing I play aside from my PC and Xbox right now, it's not a bad thing for there to be actual DS titles that interest me. I've just been using it as a fancy GBA.

I'd buy the new Metroid, and I loooooved Mario and Luigi, so part 2 is good news UNLESS they make me blow on it to make Mario jump or some other gay DS shit.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    I'd buy the new Metroid, and I loooooved Mario and Luigi, so part 2 is good news UNLESS they make me blow on it to make Mario jump or some other gay DS shit.
    IBTN. Mario & Luigi is the best original title for the GBA, what a fucking wonderful game.

Strangly, it also happens to be one game that I think could actually work well on the DS, provided they don't do anything retarded like the afforementioned blowing on it to jump.

And fuck you guys, Fusion may have been easy, but it was an awesome game, too. Second best 2d Metroid.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

9. How can you guys tell the difference? Fusion sucked but Super was the best game ever? How can this be? They're like the same goddamned game! Same deal with the 2D Catleoids. HoD sucked (I always hear) but SOTN is the best game of all time? W. T. F. They're all so similar it's like one giant game or one long string of remakes.

Then again I never got the fanatical love for either of these series. And yet I continue to buy and play them all.

10. I h8 people who hate Metroid 2. Fusion was fun and had good bosses but Metroid 2 owns it with Zero Mission as the best in the portable entries.

Unfortunately various sites reported that Metroid Dread is cancelled and probably did not even make it anywhere past the planning stages. It was my sad duty to inform myself and folks of this in this unrelated 'what games are u looking fwd to?" thread:

http://www.n-next.com/index.php?suba..._from=&ucat=2&

http://revo-europe.com/news.php?nid=8331

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Dread

Sources close to Nintendo tell N-Next that the sequel to Metroid Fusion, Metroid Dread, has been canceled and that the title is no longer in production.

Having first appeared in the June 2005 edition of Game Informer, Metroid Dread was unofficially revealed along with many other e3 2005 titles such as Touch Golf. Of course, gamers began to grow skeptical due to the magazine being released prior to e3 2005. When the first images began to appear from e3, every game, including Zelda's Twilight Princess title, was revealed by Nintendo except for one game: Metroid Dread.

Why was it not revealed at e3 if it existed? Our sources claim that the title was only in pre-developement and was only in its project stages. Now, our sources, whom are close to Nintendo, are reporting that the title has been canceled all together.

Will we ever find out if it did exist? Will we ever find out that it was truly canceled? We may never find out, and if we do find out, it won't be any time soon since Nintendo never officially revealed it so an official cancelation comfirmation probably won't take place.
    - Ryley
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...=metroid+dread
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 19 Nov 2005 at 12:44 AM.