Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: "The day Sony launches [the new PlayStation], and they walk right into Halo 3."

1. Quote Originally Posted by kuro
    Except the PSP, that was probably the best U.S. hardware launch in a while.
    That's odd. I heard it was a bit problematic.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

2. Quote Originally Posted by johnk_

That I4U site is funny.

Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. I don't know if this is really smart or just plain stupid. Either way, I get a new Halo in less than a year *I pray.*

4. Im sure Gates is just saying that contingent on Sony launching it in 2006. If Sony launches alongside Xbox 360 in 2005 I dont think they will release the game.

Its actually a good strategy, to deflect the whole Sony hype machine that some of you were talking about (the same sort of thing they pulled on Sega and used to sink the DC). If the 360 launches, and Sony says "wait for a PS3, itll be better", Microsoft can say, "no, we got Halo 3". Its as good a strategy as any.

5. Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicle
    I'm sure most of you like me heard about the possible Halo 3 being released on the lanuch day of PS3 earlier this year, but now it seems like its a reality. This is obviously a very smart marketing strategy and this will really hurt the PS3 sales.
    The opposite could be true, too--the PS3 could launch with several big-name games, which could suck the wind right out of any single game launch on a competing platform.

It sounds more like he's dangling this carrot as a potential scare tactic, but I don't think it matters that much to Sony. Such a move would force the designers of Halo 3 to work on Sony's perceived schedule, which is a sign of weakness and inferiority--if you're purporting to define the market as a leader, then you never, ever publicly state that you're working according to your competitor's schedule.
    "PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai

6. C'mon, whatever the PS3 shcedule, Bungie would never release a game if it wasn't absolutely finished...

*goes back to watching Halo 2 cinemas*
    "You can't run forever, Jack. Not from death, not from your shadow, and not from Ron Silver."

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Great. Halo 3 is going to be rushed and suck immensely, now.
    Ju... fuck it.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

8. There have been rumours floating around that Halo 3 was already in development before 2 even shipped. This has been planned for a long time.
    -Kyo

9. I thought that the team for Halo 3 is double the size of 2? or so I heard anyways. Plus I'm willing to be Microsoft is throwing a bunch of money bungies way to get the people it needs to finish the game.

Overall its a great move by Microsoft but its shitloads of pressure for bungie. I really doubt PS3 will launch this year or even spring of 06. I'm willing to put money on bungie having until Fall 06 to get things done.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. Halo series = Tomb Raider series