Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "The day Sony launches [the new PlayStation], and they walk right into Halo 3."

1. Quake 3 was teh awesome.
    o_O

2. Doom 1 has incredible level design
    Doom 2 e1m1 is fucking awesome multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    Wolfenstein was cool at the time.
    Doom was (and is) awesome.
    Doom II was pretty cool too.
    Quake was amazing for multi, okay for single player.
    Quake II wasn't quite as great for multi, but it was still among the best.
    Quake III was alright.
    Doom III was mediocre on PC, pretty fun on Xbox.

I'd say that's a pretty damn good run.
    Don't forget Doom 64 (or as I like to call it "The Best Doom"), though I don't think id had much to do with it, if anything.

4. Microsoft better have a stick up Bungie's ass this time. They lost a year of development to failed engine work (trying to get it to look like the GDC trailer on the current Xbox), and another 3~4 months working on an E3 demo that wasn't part of the game.

Bungie can pull this off, though. Consider that the first game was completed in less than 12 months. Microsoft just needs "Vinny" to visit their office frequently to keep them focused. Plus there were rumours of the H2 engine being scalable months ago. Maybe they'll tweak H2's engine for the new hardware, beef up the resolution, and be able to focus on the game instead of the engine.

5. Quote Originally Posted by piku
    Don't forget Doom 64 (or as I like to call it "The Best Doom"), though I don't think id had much to do with it, if anything.
    Doom 64 was JAWESOME!
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

Giltch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer
    Quake 3 was teh awesome.
    I play Quake 3 everyday at school. I'm about to join a LAN game right now, actually.

"What's a Quake 3?" -Quote some guy I know made when I was talking with a friend about Quake 3. It's the "a" part that scares me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by TobalRox
    haha, good, I'm not alone....
    Chalk up another one to your camp. I feel if you were bred on PC FPSes back to Doom or earlier, there was no way you could worship Halo like some people do. Been there, done that, why is this game so special. I have the first one... still don't see it.

As I said the first time this was posted like two months ago, I love this strategy. It ensures that I won't be stupid and buy a shit, console FPS that day.

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    Chalk up another one to your camp. I feel if you were bred on PC FPSes back to Doom or earlier
    And I was!
    there was no way you could worship Halo like some people do. Been there, done that, why is this game so special. I have the first one... still don't see it.
    I don't worship it, but it's a solid FPS that has a better single player (ESPECIALLY co-op, which is something too many games ignore nowadays) than most PC FPSs (not counting NOLF or HL/HL2).

Iunno, it took me a while to realize what made the game special... it really is all about the combat. It's called combat evolved for a reason. I like Halo single player a lot more than Halo 2 single player, it has better environments and better battles IMO. The AI is the big star of Halo, and how battles can go so many different ways, and how you feel like a goddamn badass when you play as the Master Chief, beating shit down left and right.

The multiplayer isn't as frenetic or fast-paced as a Quake or Unreal game, it's more about accuracy, map knowledge, and tactics. Honestly, I don't see how you can play Halo and not see how different it is from any PC shooter out there.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd
    Chalk up another one to your camp. I feel if you were bred on PC FPSes back to Doom or earlier, there was no way you could worship Halo like some people do. Been there, done that, why is this game so special. I have the first one... still don't see it.
    I was bred on PC FPS's all my life, and everynight I still kiss Master Chiefs black ass for being so damn sexy!
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.